Blue screen problems. :( 0x0000003B error.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
For starters you really need to run Windows update and upgrade to Service Pack 1.

Also several of the DMPs point to your video driver so update that at NVidia.

Reaction score
For starters you really need to run Windows update and upgrade to Service Pack 1.

Also several of the DMPs point to your video driver so update that at NVidia.
This is what it told me with NVidia.

NVIDIA Driver Downloads

ProductCurrent
Installed DriverRecommended
Update
GeForce GTX 780334.89Your PC currently has the latest driver installed for your GPU. No driver update is necessary at this time.

Testing the Service Pack 1.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Nice new video card but unfortunately, the leading edge of technology can be sharp and you can end up on the bleeding edge. If upgrading to SP1 doesn't resolve things then post your new DMPs and if it continues to point to the video driver I will likely suggest you pass it on to NVidia.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Oh one other thought. Make sure your video games patches are up-to-date. New graphic intensive games can make the video card choke, so since you are at the latest driver see if maybe it's the game that needs updated.

Shintaro

Reaction score
If you can, turn on Driver verifier. It can help a lot as sometimes the problem can be hidden.

Driver verifier

The Driver Verifier tool that is included in every version of Windows since Windows 2000 it is used to detect and troubleshoot many driver issues that are known to cause system corruption, failures, or other unpredictable behavior.

***FIRST: Please backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Windows 7 Startup Repair feature.)
  1. Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
  2. Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
  3. Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
  4. Select:
    ---- Special Pool
    ---- Pool Tracking
    ---- Force IRQL Checking
    ----Deadlock Detection
    ---- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8)
    ---- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8)
    ---- Miscellaneous Checks

5. Click "Next"
  6. Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
  7. Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
  8. Select "Finish" on the next page.
Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.

How Long should I wait for a crash?

- If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.
How do I turn Driver Verifier off?!

- Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page.

- Or press the Windows Key + R, and type in "verifier /reset" (Without the quotes)

- Then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post. then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.
I can't get in to Windows, what do I do?

- If Windows will not start and get to a login screen or desktop, because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.

- If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Ask a Question