Black screen with mouse cursor.

Reaction score
My system recently suffered a problem where it would not load up. I was getting a black screen with just the mouse cursor. After reading many tips I some how managed to get the Desktop to load up as before, but there are problems.

1..Ext Hard drive cannot be accessed at all. Keep getting told I need to format the drive.
2..The system is very slow, it can take up to 2 min's to access the control panel or any other function, the green bar that shows the page loading some times freezes and (page not responding) appears. Most of the time if I try to access anything to do with the OS ie Control panel, My computer, Downloads it will start to load then freeze up and require restarting.
3..Unable to download, system freezes but I did manage to create a recovery/repair disc as advised in another forum.

I would be grateful for any advice. I've tried restoring to an earlier date nothing changed,

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Black screen w/ just mouse sounds a lot like what happens when Microsoft determines your license is illegal/invalid ... they make the computer boot slower & slower, they replace the background image with black, & a message in the corner that your license is no good.

If that's not the issue then it could be hardware problems or a virus.

Ask a Question