black border problem in windows 7

Reaction score
i installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit on my ASUS P5KPL-CM with 4 gb of ram,Intel Core 2Duo 2.66 GHz & pci-e NVIDIA 8400 GS with latest NVIDIA drivers 190.62 but when i set my resolution below 1280x1024 black border appears on my screen and it never goes in full screen until i set my resolusion at 1440x900 the same happens with my games i cant understand whats happening this never happened in my Windows Vista Ultimate x64...................i have LCD monitor samsung sync master 732nw but now i have set the refresh rate at 75 hz so it comes in fullscreen but my games they are still running with same black border problem my mouse doesnt go past the black border many people told me to use nvidia flat scaling option but there is no such optionin my control panel..........................

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi shanksri88

Do you see this border all the time (desktop / full web page) ? and is it an overlay or can you see (in the case of a web page) all the web page inside the border ?

Reaction score
Hi shanksri88

Do you see this border all the time (desktop / full web page) ? and is it an overlay or can you see (in the case of a web page) all the web page inside the border ?
yes i see it all time and everything is displayed inside the border its jst like a movie with black borders around it................

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I'm thinking this may well be a monitor problem can you go to its manufacturers web site and download your monitors driver (new driver) then re-install your monitor driver.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Essentially your monitor/graphics card is not scaling the lower resolution to occupy the full screen. Are you able to scale the image in the monitor setup options?

Are there any scaling options at all in the NVIDIA control panel? It should look something similar to this:

edit: On my drivers, this setting is listed under "Adjust Desktop Size and Position" on the left hand menu.

Reaction score
Essentially your monitor/graphics card is not scaling the lower resolution to occupy the full screen. Are you able to scale the image in the monitor setup options?

Are there any scaling options at all in the NVIDIA control panel? It should look something similar to this:

edit: On my drivers, this setting is listed under "Adjust Desktop Size and Position" on the left hand menu.
my monitor setup doesnt help nor there is an option in my NVIDIA control panel for flat panel scaling............

Attachments

Last edited:

Ask a Question