SOLVED Black BG That I Can't Change (Image)

Reaction score
EDIT: NVM Everyone, I downloaded a custom theme- all is well now. Windows themes caused it :) Thanks for everyones help though!

Hey there everyone!
Newbie here, not only to the forum but to W7 as well :) I wasn't sure whether to post this in Customization or Support, but I need the support so here it is!

I just want to clear something up first: i know how to change themes, but changing them makes no difference to the problem. I can't read anything because of the colours of the text and BG, this will make more sense:

Untitled 1.jpg

I've been in advanced settings too but nothing changes it! Please, I really need to sort this out, I can't read anything!

Thanks all!

Attachments

Last edited:

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Right-click on the desktop, choose Personalize. Click on Window Color and then Advanced Appearance Settings... From the drop-down list, check Application Background, and Window. Are either of those set to black?

Reaction score
Hello and Welcome. : )

Check if you have High Contrast on:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Turn-on-High-Contrast

Also, it can be due to a theme modification.
Thanks, I think that I had it on (Couldn't read). I switched it off but nothing changed/

Right-click on the desktop, choose Personalize. Click on Window Color and then Advanced Appearance Settings... From the drop-down list, check Application Background, and Window. Are either of those set to black?
Nope, neither setting are set to black. I am quite worried :/

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Have you ran all the updates from WindowsUpdate, especially anything relating to Internet Explorer? Does this problem also occur with applications like Firefox?

Reaction score
Have you ran all the updates from WindowsUpdate, especially anything relating to Internet Explorer? Does this problem also occur with applications like Firefox?
Yes, all recommended updates have been installed. Nothing of the sort happens when I'm in IE or Firefox or anything, it seems to happen when i'm most in Control Panel.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Check you setting in the following under: Advanced AppearanceSettings window. Please note that there are several settings in that setting button to view.

Check there and see if that helps you out.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Marking as solved.

Ask a Question