BIOS update

Reaction score
Guys i have a HP G62 361TX laptop........i just went to the HP official site and found a BIOS update for my model....currently i have F.24 and the update available was F.37.....now i want to know whether i should :confused:update my BIOS to the latest version or not.....i read a lot of :eek:horrible blogs about BIOS update gettin screwed.....i also had sudden shutdowns three times out of no reason....and smtimes when i start my pc after shuttin it down ....i mean when i put the password and hit enter the screen goes black:eek:...then i have to do force shutdown by holding th e power button...and when i start it again it works normally.....also can anyone tell me what is the normal temperature for an idle pc.......:confused: help me guys....thnx in advance:)

Reaction score
Hi

If you get coretemp can you monitor you temps after booting please. Post the min and max values. As for the bios update flash the latest bios. Flash when connected to the mains and not on battery.

In the past bios flashing was a bit risky but nowadays nothing to worry about

HTH

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
99.99% of the time a BIOS firmware flash update will work with no glitches whatsoever.

As NemesisUK stated, just be sure there is NO power interruption during the flash process, which may take about a minute or so. Then reboot the system and go to your BIOS and choose "Optimized Defaults" to begin with and then reboot again. If you want to tweak the BIOS to your preferences then do that after the second reboot.

Once you've done it you'll realize that it's very easy to do. I have done around 100 or so BIOS firmware flash updates over the years with my systems and clients and friends systems.

Reaction score
yes the values are in between 40c and 70 c and idle temp is around 48c or 50c

Reaction score
guys if i have no serious problems should i update my pc to latest BIOS for better performance...or leave it untouched...i think my BIOS is much outdated ...mine is F.24 and the current update is F.37......:)

Reaction score
My thing is, if it's working, leave it. Unless you run into problems of the computer randomly shutting down, or your video card not working, then you can update.

Reaction score
Just for the shutdown problem, I'd update my Bios. I always run the latest bios though.

Reaction score
Just for the shutdown problem, I'd update my Bios. I always run the latest bios though.
i tried the process.....i downloaded the file of F.37 version but when i installed ...there comes a window that asks me to input the current and new bios id and version....but when i try to input the values it does not accept anthing the input box remians empty with the cursor blinking.........i downloaded another file..but that did not work too........and where can i find my BIOS ID i know the version but what about the ID

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
The HP BIOS updates are fairly easy, just follow the onscreen instructions and it should be good to go.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The HP BIOS updates are fairly easy, just follow the onscreen instructions and it should be good to go.

yes i downloaded the file....the instructions ask me to put the new BIOS and current BIOS version and ID....but m not able to put anything in the blank fields.....:eek:....should i start without filling them????:confused:

Reaction score
Are you running it as admin?
yes i am running it as admin......it goes fine but i cant fill in the Version and ID details at the last step before starting the flash...i downloaded it three times but still same...its embarrasing..

Ask a Question