Backup Produces Corrupt Backup after N Backups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I would like to use the built-in Windows 7 Backup utility. I have different PC's and both 32x and 64x, so my problem isn't the machine or OS.

The problem I have is that as I backup my laptop, after a few backups (it seems random), if I try to open and restore anything from the backup, it tells me the backup is corrupted. It's weird to begin with that Windows doesn't check this.

I assume this is something about the DATA that is being backed up (e.g, maybe some kind of archive files it can't handle). I guess this because I've used ROBOCOPY, SYNCTOY, and bzip/7zip (Cygwin) and they work fine.

Any ideas, thoughts, etc. would be appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll just keep using ROBOCOPY/SYNCTOY. Unless you've got a really really awesome shareware thing

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
See Backup & recovery in our Freeware DB Many here like Macrium.

Personally I have a seagate harddrive so I can use their tool to make a system image and then I use Synctoy because I like quick access to a non-compressed backup.

I've never heard of your issue where it randomly creates bad backups, so I would scan your Harddrive for defects. I ditched W7 backup for my own reason a long time ago; I had a situation where backup ran 30 min one week and 12 hours the next.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question