Audio Pops, Clicks, Glitches problem with Windows 7.

Reaction score
Hello;

My System is;
Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
4.00 GB Ram
Graphic Card: Ati Radeon HD 4800 series
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45C-DS3R
Windows 7 (32 Bit) Build 7100

also I'm using;
Emu 0404 Usb Sound Card
M-Audio Radium 61 Midi Keyboard

This system worked good on Windows Vista (32bit) with no audio problem or latency problem.

The system works great and faster than Vista on Windows 7 (32bit); but now with audio clicks,pops, latency problem and etc..:(

I'm using DPC latency program..
It shows red coloumn in every 3 or 4 secs.
I tried to disable USB mouse, wireless etc.. but nothing happened.
Also I updated all my drivers too.

Please somebody help me...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had this problem a while back too. It went away when I upgraded to rc1. I think its just a pre-release glitch.

Reaction score
I had this problem a while back too. It went away when I upgraded to rc1. I think its just a pre-release glitch.
"Upgraded to rc1?"
I just downloaded "Windows 7 build 7100" from the official web site of Microsoft. Is there an upgrade of Windows 7?

Reaction score

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Was that with the wireless connection enabled? You will get an error message if you try and run VAL while on a direct connection.
I never tried it on Win7 since the problem was remedied for me.

Reaction score
Was that with the wireless connection enabled? You will get an error message if you try and run VAL while on a direct connection.
I never tried it on Win7 since the problem was remedied for me.
I tried and run VAL while on a direct connection; but, it did not work on Win7.:(
When I double clicked on VAL.exe, error message occurs instantly.

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
You'll always get an error message from VAL on a direct connection. It is only for wireless connections.

Reaction score
You'll always get an error message from VAL on a direct connection. It is only for wireless connections.
Upps! sorry::eek:; I got it..

And I'm searching about that..

I read on codecase forum:

"VAL was developed for Windows Vista operation systems only. If it dont work, you cant do anything. Sorry."

Anyway;
Is there any other option to solve this audio clicks,pop,and etc. problem?

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I doubt the RTM release of W7 will resolve this, but it just might. Stranger things have happened! ;)
It looks like you have tried everything else; have you tried just using the Windows default sound card drivers? (Assuming Windows recognizes your sound card)
Did you ever run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor? It may alert you to a driver/hardware issue.

Reaction score
I doubt the RTM release of W7 will resolve this, but it just might. Stranger things have happened! ;)
It looks like you have tried everything else; have you tried just using the Windows default sound card drivers? (Assuming Windows recognizes your sound card)
Did you ever run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor? It may alert you to a driver/hardware issue.
Yes, I've tried Windows sound card drivers.:( also I tried onboard sound card too;
Actually, Windows recognizes my Emu 0404 usb sound card without problem. Everything seems ok; but, when I want to listen music; lots of pops,clicks happen..
I think, it occurs from mainboard(updated all drivers) or It's only a compatibility problem.. may be just a sound driver problem... I don't know..:confused: I need a miracle..:(
Is any prophet there? :adore:;)

James M. Fisher

Geezer
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
LOL...you need a wizard, not a prophet. ;)

Mainboard BIOS up to date? I'm assuming it is not your speakers since they worked fine under Vista.

Reaction score
LOL...you need a wizard, not a prophet. ;)

Mainboard BIOS up to date? I'm assuming it is not your speakers since they worked fine under Vista.
Yes, I updated Mainboard BIOS...
and my speakers work well..
I think, the problem is only Windows 7. :(

Ask a Question