Audio driver for Asus M2N-MX

Reaction score
Hi

I've got an Asus M2N-MX motherboard without the optional S/PDIF connector. Under Vista Professional 64-bit I was able to plug my speakers into the line-out socket and get sound using the 64-bit driver from the Asus website. Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit assumes I've got the S/PDIF connected so I don't get sound from the Line-out socket. I've tried installing the Vista 64-bit drivers I used before but these don't seem to work, even in Compatibility Mode. What can I do to get the sound working again?

Thanks.

Richard Williams

Reaction score
ASUS M2N-MX - no sound with Windows 7

Hi

I've got an Asus M2N-MX motherboard without the optional S/PDIF connector. Under Vista Professional 64-bit I was able to plug my speakers into the line-out socket and get sound using the 64-bit driver from the Asus website. Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit assumes I've got the S/PDIF connected so I don't get sound from the Line-out socket. I've tried installing the Vista 64-bit drivers I used before but these don't seem to work, even in Compatibility Mode. What can I do to get the sound working again?

Thanks.

Richard Williams
Get out your original motherboard disk and load up the audio drivers for Vista and, hey presto, sound like before. The drivers are Soundmax ADI986A.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately my motherboard crashed soon after I posted the original question and I had to rebuild using a different motherboard and so I didn't have the problem any more.

Ask a Question