SOLVED Gigabyte GA-8I915P Duo Pro Audio Driver

Reaction score
Hello everybody! I have a problem with the audio driver. I installed Windows 7 Ultimate (x86) and I found the necessary drivers, except for the audio. It's Intel Socket 775, I tried to install many drivers but nothing, try followed some instructions on the forums but nothing. If anyone can help I would be grateful. Thanks in advance...

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken Socket 775 is a CPU socket and can be on many different motherboards. What is the motherboard make/model?

Reaction score
You are right. Motheborad model is Gigabyte GA-8I915P Duo Pro and motherboard chipset is Intel Grantsdale i915P...

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Apparently your motherboard was only supported through Vista, and from the looks of it either almost all the drivers were built in to Vista or it wasn't very well supported because I see nothing listed for audio at Gigabyte.

Maybe some of the others have an idea but I would think it should be built-in to W7 (and Vista).

If you go to control panel > device manager are there any devices with a little yellow "!" icon?

Reaction score
Yes, I have a yellow icon, I tried to uninstall and download some drivers but it does not help, maybe some other motherboard manufacturer has the same drivers as Gigabyte, I don't know ... Perhaps the only solution is to buy a sound card that supports Windows 7 and problem solved :)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Could you elaborate on the yellow icon? Maybe a screenshot or description of the item. If it is anything Intel then I suggest you try the 32-bit Vista Intel INF installation v8.3.1.1009 file.

Reaction score
The yellow icon is on:
- Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus
- PCI Simple Communications Controller
- RAID Controller
everything else is ok. With the program Driver Genius I downloaded drivers, except for the sound, which is only important to me, but there is no sound drivers for Windows 7 or for Windows Vista.

Reaction score
:):) I found a way to install the drivers. I started the CD with drivers for XP, click in the Device Manager, click on the "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click on "Update Driver Software", than "Browse My Computer for Driver Software". Drivers were installed without a problem. So do not start the driver installation directly from a folder on your hard drive, but install it via the "Device Manager". It's a way to install Windows 7 drivers for older motherboards, I do not know if this is written somewhere but have not found it, maybe this will help someone else... Thank you very much for your help in any case TrainableMan!

Ask a Question