Asus M3N78 audio driver

Reaction score
Ok, so I just put together a new PC with an ASUS M3N78 Pro motherboard, and I installed Windows 7 onto it. I got pretty much everything working right except the sound. I tryed installing a vista x64 realtek HD audio driver from the ASUS site, and it didnt work. Any ideas?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you get any error messages when trying to install those drivers, or were they just not the right ones?

As that is quite a popular and recent motherboard, I would have thought that running Windows Update to search for drivers would turn up the correct ones?

Reaction score
When I went to install the drivers, I got a message saying that my Operating System was not compatible, but then it asked me if I wanted to run it under the correct settings, which I did and then it installed. As for the Windows Updates, I tryed to run them and I get "Windows could not search for new updates" and error code C004F012

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've created a new thread from your last post, as it's going to help other people with the same problem and it's a different from the start of this thread:

https://www.w7forums.com/windows-up...indows-could-not-search-new-updates-t988.html

We'll see if that can be fixed too :)

In relation to the sound drivers problem, try downloading a newer version direct from Realtek here:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/ (it will be listed under High Definiation audio codecs). There's a Windows 7 version available :D

Reaction score
Asus M3A78-EM

Ian - I have tried and tried to find an audio driver that works consistently with this mobo. Drivers downloaded from Asus, Realtek, and Microsoft behave in a strange way with Vista Ultimate.

The real problem is with the headphone feature from the front panel. It might work for a day or two, the Vista won;t recognise it. Load an updated driver won't guarantee success. The weirdess happened last week, the headphones are functional one day, when I restarted the PC the next day, the phones are gone. Nothing I can do will bring them back.

I'm hoping that Win 7 will deliver a better driver. Your thoughts?

Reaction score
I have the same mobo and have had no problems with sound. Have you updated your windows via windows updates? After installing Win 7 and updating thats when my sound kicked in and has stayed with me since. Have you also tried updating drivers from device manager. The only problem I had finding drivers for on this MB was the co- processor which I managed to resolve yesterday!

Reaction score
Asus Mobo

Thanx for the reply - I am not running Win 7 on that box yet, I'm just anticipating any problems for that box. I did notice one thing when I installed Win 7 on an older box...the version that preceded the Release Candidate could not find the network nor sound cards on that box. Nothing I did would make them work. Then when I installed the RC on that box, everything worked perfectly. I said all of this to hope that the driver issue will be addressed when I convert the first box from Vista to Win7...after Oct 22. Wish me luck

Reaction score
Im having a similar problem, i have a A8N SLI-delux and my driver wont load

Ask a Question