[AsusSetup] Info Value is NULL

Reaction score
Hey,
I just met you,
and this is crazy,
i have an issue,
so help me maybe?

I have an annoying little issue where every time i boot my PC i get a little Asus Setup error saying [AsusSetup] Info Value is NULL. I have done a bit of research to identify that the possible cause may be my chip set drivers, but even though i have updated them to the latest (as far as i am aware) the issue continues. I can easily close down the little dialog box when it opens but its the fact that it is there as an error. Quite frustrating given that this is a new PC.

Any help would be pretty awesome, thanks in advance to those of you who help :D

Regards,
Adam

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
When do you see this error? Is it actually in the boot up sequence or once you log in to a windows account? If you boot up to safe mode do you still get the error?

If it is actually in windows then could you post a screenshot of it.

More to try...
Once logged into windows run MSCONFIG
Under the boot tab i there only one entry? Nothing there about ASUS setup?
Under the Startup tab is there anything that says ASUS?
if there is anything ASUS you find here, please attach a screenshot. (to add screenshots to a post, first save the screenshot as a jpg on your harddrive and then here at W7forums use the Go Advanced button & hit the paperclip icon to upload your file)

Reaction score
As you can see by the screenshot it only occurs once i log into my account into windows. This is the first thing to make itself present to me. I had a look in msconfig and there was only one thing in there. I also looked through all of the other tabs and found nothing about it still.

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
OK, if it happens as windows starts then something in MSCONFIG startup is attempting to reference a missing or empty setting or file.

There was only one thing in the boot tab? That's good, so it is not an alternate boot choice. (Knowing now that it is "inside" windows, this is what I would expect but I didn't know that before)

But could you show me a screenshot(s) of the MSCONFIG startup tab? (Please size the columns so the Command column is wide enough to read, see Example)
MSCONFIG-startup.jpg

Autoruns provides for an in depth analysis of your startup and is a nice free tool to have, so we could probably find it using that as well, but I suspect it will be easy enough to spot in MSCONFIG startup.

Last edited:

Ask a Question