ASUS M2N-E... Liquid cooling?

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Check out this picture of my new mobo. What is that brass/copper thing? My heat sink has some of that too. My friend says it's liquid cooling.

Reaction score
That copper piping has nothing to do with liquid cooling. That copper piping is your heatsink for an important chip, maybe southbridge/northbridge chip.

Reaction score
Check out this picture of my new mobo. What is that brass/copper thing? My heat sink has some of that too. My friend says it's liquid cooling.

Fanless Design

Provide a cool environment without all the baggage
Cooling fans, though a popular thermal solution, also come with noise and malfunction likelyhood. ASUS Motherboard's fansless concept is specifically created to provide a cool environment without all the baggage.
ASUS has devoted special efforts to address the thermal issues across the motherboard, and most notably the areas that reside the CPU, power, VGA, and chipsets. The heat pipe and heat sinks were tailor made to dissipate heat in the most efficient manner. <<<<< asus discription

Ok so think of this brass is better at dispersing the heat vs alunimum is there for the brass is a better way fo cooling your motherboard and its your northbridge that has the other end of the pipe.........

your board is better off for OC then one that relys on alunimum heat sinks with out a "pipe"

the pipes main function is to allow the heat to travel between two said points since brass cools faster then alunimum it will cool down faster with added fans flowing in the case. vs a heatsink that stacks the heat in one local ..

MAKE since...... ( not really good at explaining this stuff it just is there bobbing around in my head making sence till I open my mouth:withstupid:)

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
AHHHHHH!! Thank you so much! That is the explanation I needed to hear! Thanks! :D:D

Reaction score
AHHHHHH!! Thank you so much! That is the explanation I needed to hear! Thanks! :D:D

Not a problem I have a friend that does those mods on some motherboards they are sweet when while I was playing around ocing socket 462, he has water cooling on one board that the temp never breaches 30c and he over clocks every thing from ram to cpu to gpu

Ask a Question