Artifacting Media center TV play and record in 7 64 bit.

Reaction score
I got a multi boot setup on my computer with XP Pro 32 bit, Vista Home 32 bit, 7 32 bit and 7 64 bit. The Media Player works fine for watching TV and recording TV in Vista and 7 32 bit. I use other players for DVD movies.

The problem arises when I try to watch TV or record TV in 7 64 bit. There is heavy artifacting and stuttering using Media Center. I've ruled out cable issues since everything is the same (cable connection, TV card, ect.) between operating systems.

My system specs are: Windows 7 64 bit, Q6600 quad processor (not over-clocked), 8 gigabytes OCZ DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066, Asus P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX motherboard, 750 watt OCZ power supply, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 video card, Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II and a Creative SB X-Fi PCI sound card.

What needs to be changed to fix this? Most everything I've Googled has been related to AMD based processors suffering from similiar issues. The fix seems to lean toward a driver for the AMD processors. Is there a driver update for a Q6600? I checked NVIDIA's website and already have the latest video driver. I am not running any background intensive applications such as folding.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Have you made sure you are running the latest 64bit Hauppauge driver? It looks like they only have XP drivers for that specific card as it is a legacy product, which is probably the problem. You might try uninstalling the drivers and TV program, then installing both in XP compatibility mode but I'm not sure there is much else you can do without Vista or W7 64bit drivers.

Ask a Question