SOLVED Are there any PDF Readers for 64 bit Windows 7?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
As we all know, not counting beta testing, Windows 7 was officially released last October. Adobe seems to have a lot of lead in their butts. Does anyone know of a decent PDF Reader for Windows 7 (64 bit)? It is a shame that a large corporation such as Adobe has not (or cannot) produce a PDF Reader for us 64 bit Windows users. 64 bit Windows has only been here since the peak of the XP days.

Reaction score
Cat I'm not having any troubles with Adobe as far as PDF viewing. There are other programs that everyone says is less bloated though.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Clifford, my bad. I suppose that I misunderstood about the Adobe Reader. It was my understanding that it wouldn't install on a 64 bit system. But at the time that I read the article about it, 64 bit was new to me, and apparently there were some things that were not true, or I simply misunderstood. Thanks for making me aware of it.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
If it is a reader only, cat, I would suggest you try Foxit. About 5 times as fast as does all the same things.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I think I'll stick with Adobe. They are free and I'm familiar with them. Why this thread even got started was that I misunderstood an article (my bad). The article was focused on having no 64 bit Adobe Reader. So, being new at the time to 64 bit, I didn't even think of the 32 bit version anymore. That's all it was, my misunderstanding, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. That was the first major concern to me when I purchased this PC, it being 64 bit (which, honestly, I had heard of them, but knew little about them). We all learn every day, that's the most important thing. Thanks to all for your responding to my thread.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Why this thread even got started was that I misunderstood an article (my bad). The article was focused on having no 64 bit Adobe Reader. So, being new at the time to 64 bit, I didn't even think of the 32 bit version anymore.
Are you sure the article wasn't about Adobe FLASH not available in 64 bit for Windows? That's what the big stink has been about. Adobe made a beta x64 FLASH for Linux systems but not for Windows.

Whenever I have installed Adobe Acrobat, it always installs some files in the "Program Files (x86)" folder. The there is some x64 install in the Windows folder.

Okay cat, now you can send yourself to "Time Out" for one hour! ;):damnmate: LOL!

Last edited:

Ask a Question