Afraid data deleted! Win7 boot

Reaction score
Hello!
Please help me I've been trying to sort this problem for three days but no use!!!!
I learned how to make a bootable DVD of win7, thanks to your tutorial on youtube.
Due to some reasons I inserted winxp bootable cd in my drive ( I thought that I'll have 'dual boot' thing, okay!)
but it didn't show any other drive other than C:. So I pressed F3 cuz I didn't want to disturb win7 as it was in installed in C: .Ok, now when I restarted compute, win7 didn't start it was only a blank screen!!. I tried to b repair it with the recovery and repair by booting with the win7 DVD it said "NO drives detected!!!!"
Then I thought that may be I should format the C: and then reinstall win7 again but when I tried to reinstall it again said "NO drives detected.
Then again I booted winxp cd thinking that maybe if could format C drive this way it will solve the problem but it's still the same. Now I'm afraid that what if my data stored in other drives is also deleted!!!!!!!!!!
I'm DEAD. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Are you trying to install Windows 7 as a fresh clean install with no other operating system on the boot drive?

If you're not familiar with how to do a dual-boot situation then I recommend you don't do it. It's tricky and can be frustrating to say the least.

If you have no use for the XP operating system then I recommend you go strictly with Windows 7 install.

If you need further help, let us know.

BTW, Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums website! :ciao:

Reaction score
Hi lampat,

When in recovery see here https://www.w7forums.com/startup-repair-t441.html
instead ot "Start Up Repair" select "Command prompt".

When in command prompt you can access a drive by typing
drive_letter:<enter> (C:<enter> or D:<enter> ....)
with the command
dir<enter>
you can list the contents of a directory
with the command
cd \<enter>
you select the root directory as current.

Select all your drives one after another and see if you can still access them and list their contents. (a drive containing a Windows installation usually has a "\Windows" directory check if you still have this)

If all your drives are still accessible and the disk structure is intact (number of partitions/drives is the same as before you started the experiments) you can reinstall Windows 7 to drive C:

Come back with the results of the examination of your disk structure to get advice what could be done next to recover your system without further damage.

Ask a Question