adobe flash player crashes IE8

Reaction score
Hi all,
Surely I can't be the only one having this trouble.:(

I have to keep unistalling Adobe Flash player. I've been using the most recent file version from the Adobe website, but so far I've had the message, Adobe Flash Player has caused internet explorer to crash x times. Currently x=9

I'm using Win 7 Home Premium 32 bit IE version 8.0.7600

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
That is unusual. I never had an issue with Flash. I don't use Internet Explorer that much though. I use Firefox about 98% of the time. It faster and more secure than IE8. FF was giving me a little trouble a few days ago but I tweaked with tips from speedguide.net and that helped out quite a bit.

Did you do a clean install? Did you update to the latest version of Flash?

Reaction score
Does it crash only on certain sites?

Are the sites using really old Flash features?
If so try enabling Tools--> Compatibility Mode for those sites.

Reaction score
I'm sure you probably know this already, but when you uninstall Flash, you need to use Adobe's Flash uninstaller...
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

As of yesterday, I have Win 7 Home Premium 32 bit IE 8 just like you do. (clean install) I installed the Flash player today with no problem if that means anything.

Reaction score
i never been able to get adobe to work with explorer 8 with vista or xp or windows 7 when u figure it out post it please so i can make adobe work on my pc

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. Whenever I attempt to play an online video that requires Adobe flash, IE8 crashes. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 (32 bit) and have reinstalled Adobe Flashplayer 10 multiple times with no sucess. Any suggestions?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
IE8 is not that great, try Firefox instead you'll probably have better luck.

You just revived a thread that is 10-1/2 months old! If Ian had prizes to give out you would be on your way to the Bahamas for a two week all expense paid vacation! LOL! Just Kidding!

Seriously though, you state you "upgraded". Did you do an upgrade install over Vista instead of a clean or custom install? If so, you will have problems. Many users who do the upgrade install instead of a clean install are and have been experiencing problems.

Reaction score
Not sure what ya mean. It's the page to clear the Flash super-type cookies that never expire and cause browsers to crash at times.

Clearing the cache, in may cases, fixes everything. I've used it to fix crashing Firefox when my bro was playing online Facebook Flash games.

Ask a Question