Acer Aspire 8935 BSOD

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently I've started getting BSOD on my Acer. I bought it in feb 2010, and never had any problems with it up until now.

What happens is that either I start up a game, and after a minute or so I get a black screen, then it goes white, then I get BSOD, or it just plain turn it self right off. I've run Memtest86+ without finding any errors. Added the minidumps. And I've cleaned out any dust (not that it was any) from the system.

Pls help me, as I'm at a loss here. All drivers are up to date (as far as I can see at least).

Attachments

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
It sounds as if your graphics card may be overheating. It sometimes happens in notebook computers due to the lack of really efficient ventilation and/or poor quality T.I.M. (thermal interface material).

I am not by any means a notebook guru, but this certainly sounds like hardware related issues other than just software and drivers.

Reaction score
I'm aware of the heating issue, but the bluescreen issues that I have problems with now, can't be adressed to it. I have a monitor program showing the temps, but it's not even remotly hot when it shuts down/gets BSOD. Perfect excample, I start up Kingdons of Amalur Reckoning, and I get bluescreen after 1 min. I play Star Wars - The Old Republic I can play hours with temps in the 85-90 range (celcius). So the BSOD issues is not temp related, at least not only that.

But I am no guru at all, just frustrated. Cause it's a new issue. Had the comp for two years and never had BSOD.

Reaction score
Update: I've searched elsewhere as well, and found a tip where I could change the power setting from max performance to max battery. I was than able to play Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning without any BSOD. It laggs ofc, so not an optimal solution, but maybe it can tell someone what I need to do to fix this.

Ask a Question