SOLVED Acer aspire 5515

Reaction score
Im trying find a driver to update my ATI Radeon x1200. Acer gave me link to AMD website, but software wont run, I installed windows 7 myself,

Reaction score
I searched AMD's site. They don't have any Windows 7 drivers, but here is a link for Windows Vista 32 bit drivers. This should work in Windows 7. http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownlo....aspx?type=2.7&product=2.7.2.3.2&lang=English Heres the link for the Vista 64 bit drivers. http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownlo....aspx?type=2.7&product=2.7.2.3.2&lang=English
i found them. amd gave me link to omegadriver and driverheaven cant download from that website.
acer gave me link to amd. all of amds drivers are for desktops. they say they dont offer drivers for notebooks. but amd gives manufactures support for new drivers why cant they offer to the public when warranty is up from manufactures.

Reaction score
The 2 links I attached for you were for notebooks. I found them on AMD's website. There's a window that appears towards the top right side of there site for searching for drivers. The one's I found were listed under Motherboard/Chipset. You listed X1200. those links are for Vista x86 & x64 drivers. The first link is 32 bit. The second link is 64 bit. They don't list Windows 7 for that chipset but, Vista's should work as it's the same architecture as Windows 7 is.

Reaction score
The 2 links I attached for you were for notebooks. I found them on AMD's website. There's a window that appears towards the top right side of there site for searching for drivers. The one's I found were listed under Motherboard/Chipset. You listed X1200. those links are for Vista x86 & x64 drivers. The first link is 32 bit. The second link is 64 bit. They don't list Windows 7 for that chipset but, Vista's should work as it's the same architecture as Windows 7 is.
AMD says all them on thier website is for desktops. for laptops were to contact manufacture. and the manufacture wont help unless you pay them, for acer they charge 200 bucks, screw them.
my laptop came with vista home basic, but, this is the kicker, if you bought the acer 5515 after may 2009 acer upgraded you to win7. but they dont offer drivers for the win7. only xp and vista.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Are you running 32 or 64-bit?

Create a restore point and then try the Vista driver brkkab listed; if it doesn't work you simply restore.

Reaction score
im running 32 bit. but still acer gave me link to amd, i downloaded driver and restarted computer, message comes up saying problem caused it to not run. i contacted amd and told them acer gave me the link o download driver. amd got back with me saying if im on a laptop go to manufacture for new drivers if available. if desktop there shouldnt be any problems cause all the drivers listed is for desktops.

Ask a Question