SOLVED ACCESS IS DENIED error in Windows 7

Reaction score
I have a brand new install of Win 7, after which I tried to install a LINKSYS Wireless USB Adapter (WUSB300N) and during the copy files installation process I get ACCESS IS DENIED.and the process stops. I only have one id defined and it of course has admin authority, so I don't know what is wrong. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Reaction score
I always turn off UAC settings so Admin questions never come up. But for those that choose to run with UAC turned on.

The option would be to
  • Temporarily turn off UAC while installing programs
  • Right Click on the programs and "Run as Administrator".

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, but I don't know where to go on how to turn of UAC for the programs. Please be more specific.
Tks,
Cecil Lunsford

Reaction score
Four ways to get there and I am sure there are other ways.

1. "Windows Logo + Pause" > Action Center > Change User Account Control Settings
  2. From start menu in "Search programs and files" type "Change User Account Control Settings"
  3. Control Panel > System and Security > Action Center > Change User Account Control Settings
  4. Control Panel > User Accounts and Family Safety > User Accounts > Change User Account Control Settings

Reaction score
OK, thank you for your help and comments. I changed the CUA down to NEVER NOTIFY, but the results were the same. ACCESS IS DENIED. If you have more ideas please let me know.
Tks,
Cecil Lunsford

Reaction score
This is only partially solved.. I ended up using an ethernet cable to connect this pc to my router and what happened when I tried installing the wireless usb adapter is the correct driver got downloaded from the internet and then it installed successfully.

Thanks to all who tried to help.
Cecil Lunsford

Ask a Question