About JAVA

Reaction score
Being a student of Computer Engineering I always have to work with programming language such as C,C++,JAVA n so........

I'm having Windows 7 x64 HB.....I am able to run the C & C++ program through DOSBox 0.74 ........But i am unable to perform JAVA programming on the same operating system..............

Can you plz solve my problem???

Shintaro

Reaction score
What IDE are you using and what are you trying to run?

Shintaro

Reaction score
What is HB???

Are you asking how to program in Java?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Thanks Cliff.

In that case, of course it will work.

Shintaro

Reaction score
If you want to know how to program in Java. Then use google, with words like Java Tutorial. There is heaps of tutorials on the internet.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
DOSBox is a DOS emulator. Essentially a virtual machine devoted just to a DOS window. If you need it to run your old C/C++ programs in a 64-bit environment then it is likely because they are compiled in 16-bit (16-bit cannot run on 64-bit w/o such a virtual environment). If Java won't run in DOSBox it is because it wasn't installed there; it would have to exist inside the virtual environment of DOSBox.

I would suggest a more complete virtual environment such as running XP under Oracle's VirtualBox and install Java there. However if your computer came with Home Basic then it is likely a netbook or low-end laptop and may not have the power to run such a virtual environment. :(

Reaction score
home basic is just that,the basic part of windows. has no start up repair for one thing. i suggest go buy a full version of win7 premium professional or ultimate, do a clean install, repartition hard drive. go to the manufactures website down load the driver you need for graphics and sound card.
i had vista home basic, i bought a oem system builders pack 32 bit win7 home premium.
the java 7u5 has some issues with it especially if you like to play games on pogo.com. i keep getting internet explorer stopped working when i switch from one game web page to another.

Ask a Question