A lovely BSoD

Reaction score
Hi there, was wondering if someone could help me figure out exactly why my computer seems to detest functioning. Random BSoDs, happens when I'm playing games, surfing the net, or downloading something. Not sure the cause, but I've included my minidump files as well as motherboard stats to help figure it out.

The crash usually lists irql not less or equal, page fault in non-paged area, or system service exception

Thanks for your time!

Motherboard:
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Model: GA-MA74GM-S2
System Type: x64-based PC

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Welcome to the W7Forums.

The last crash was to do with Avast! (AvastSvc.exe )
Code:
Debug session time: Sat May 17 12:26:18.332 2014 (UTC + 10:00) 
Loading Dump File [F:\My\SysnativeBSODApps\051614-13712-01.dmp] 
Built by: 7601.18409.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144 
System Uptime: 0 days 2:11:11.627 
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExpInterlockedPopEntrySListFault16+0 ) 
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002c88ac5, fffff880060dbe30, 0} 
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b) 
Bugcheck code 0000003B 
Arguments: 
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck 
Arg2: fffff80002c88ac5, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck 
Arg3: fffff880060dbe30, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck 
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero. 
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B 
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT 
PROCESS_NAME: AvastSvc.exe 
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_nt!ExpInterlockedPopEntrySListFault16+0
Please uninstall Avast! and use Windows Defender until the crashes stop. Please ensure that you update Windows Defender.

1. The Uninstaller for AVAST can be found HERE
  2. Uninstall Avast in Safe Mode using Avastclear, HERE
  3. Run Rejzors Uninstall Utility, found HERE, in Normal Mode (removes traces avastclear doesn't) - reboot.

Reaction score
Yay more crashes. It seems to crash more often when I'm playing league of legends, has happened twice in the span of two minutes.

Thank you for any help you can give, I really appreciate it. Getting quite frustrated :/

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Please run Driver Verifier:

Driver verifier

The Driver Verifier tool that is included in every version of Windows since Windows 2000 it is used to detect and troubleshoot many driver issues that are known to cause system corruption, failures, or other unpredictable behavior.

***FIRST: Please backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Windows 7 Startup Repair feature.)
  1. Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
  2. Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
  3. Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
  4. Select:
    ---- Special Pool
    ---- Pool Tracking
    ---- Force IRQL Checking
    ----Deadlock Detection
    ---- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8)
    ---- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8)
    ---- Miscellaneous Checks
  5. Click "Next"
  6. Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
  7. Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
  8. Select "Finish" on the next page.
Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.

How Long should I wait for a crash?

- If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.
How do I turn Driver Verifier off?!

- Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page.

- Or press the Windows Key + R, and type in "verifier /reset" (Without the quotes)

- Then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post. then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.
I can't get in to Windows, what do I do?

- If Windows will not start and get to a login screen or desktop, because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.

- If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
How do I put the crash dump files in a Zip file?

Instructions on putting files in a Zip file and extracting (Taking them out) again are explained HERE.

Then Overnight please run MemTest86. There software needs to run through at lease 8 passes. This will take some time, so that is why it is best to let it run over night. Here is a HowTo on MemTest86.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

Please update your network Driver from HERE.

Also please disable any Hibernation or Sleep function until the crashes stop.

If you have any problems please ask.

Ask a Question