64 bit

Reaction score
i am currently using 64 bit instead of 32 bit.
configuration- Intel i3 2nd geration
- 4 gb ram
- 1 gb nvdi graphic card
can i continue with 64bit or i should change it

Reaction score
Yes, you sure can. You can also purchase another 4 gb's. of ram, if you want and get even better performance. Or you could replace your current ram with a 8 GB. kit which is 2 4GB. ram sticks. Most modern motherboard can use 16GBs., or 32GBs. of ram. Either way a decent ram kit only costs around $60.00 now. Definitely the cheapest upgrade you can make.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
brkkab, prices in India and the cost of living there may not make even 4GB not worth it. And for users who don't play top-of-the-line games or run cad-cam applications, 4GB is quite enough for their web browsing, office applications, and playing movies/mp3s, etc.

unnids, the fact that you have 4GB means 64-bit is ideal for you. 32-bit can only see about 3.25GB so .75GB wouldn't even be used in a 32-bit OS. The only reason you might change it is if you have some hardware that you must use and that does not have 64-bit drivers so unless you have a very good reason to NEED 32-bit the answer is NO, do not change to 32-bit.

Ask a Question