32 bit uninstaller on 64 bit system

Reaction score
I have a 64 bit win.7 system.but im running a 32 bit nvidia uninstaller how can i get the 64 bit uninstaller working, this is a problem cause i cant uninstall some programs,

Reaction score
Theoretically, if the installer worked there is no reason why the uninstaller shouldn’t work too.

Most 32 bit programs will run flawlessly in a x64 system, are you sure it has to do with that?

Can your problems have any other cause? Missing files?

If you installed a 32 bit program it should have a 32 bit uninstaller too; I never saw a 32 bit program installed with a 32 bit routine and uninstalled with a 64 bit one.

Reaction score
Eaglefox,

By saying you are running "NVIDIA uninstaller" im assuming you mean for your video card..due to the fact I am not aware of NVDIA having a stand alone software for anything.

If this is the case you should be able to download the 64 bit video card drivers form thier site ..

Once you do this and run the install file, there is a an option during installation that says someting to effect of "do a clean instal" make sure that option is activated(check marked).

What that will do in uninstall your previous drivers(if any), and reinstall the drivers you want it to install.

Other than that what you COULD do is download the version you have now(32 bit) and if the option is available .. choose to remove those drivers .. reboot your system, and reinstall with the 64bit version which you should download anyway .

Again this is assuming you are speaking of NVIDIA ..VIDEO CARD Drivers.

Hope that helps.
LoneWolf

Edited to add .. Opps wheres my manners .. Welcome to Windows 7 Forums.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I have a 64 bit win.7 system.but im running a 32 bit nvidia uninstaller how can i get the 64 bit uninstaller working, this is a problem cause i cant uninstall some programs,
In the Control Panel, Programs and Features section, you should be able to uninstall any program from there. It doesn't do the best job of cleaning out the registry files but it will uninstall the software.

You might try the free version of Revo Uninstaller and see how that works for you. http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Reaction score
Hello..

Just a thought as to what Nibs suggested.. NOT meaning to step on toes ...

BUt .. I thought that with an uninstall program (Like revo or such) you had to have it (the uninstall program ) installed BEFORE you install other programs .. or the "uninstallers" wont recognize the programs that you want it to ..

Granted tis is just my previous experince with these programs.. not trying to argue what "comes down the line" .. may they have improved things with those ..

Just questioning and curious..

LoneWolf

Reaction score
heres what the error says, You are running a 32bit version of nvidia unstaller on a 64 bit system (Binary type I386) . Wrong version of unstaller. Unstaller will exit now ( this is the fatal error i get after i try to update my nvidia motherboard)

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
If you are trying to uninstall the nVidia drivers completely from your system before upgrading to the 64bit version, try Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I thought that with an uninstall program (Like revo or such) you had to have it (the uninstall program ) installed BEFORE you install other programs .. or the "uninstallers" wont recognize the programs that you want it to ..
Actually Revo doesn't have to be installed before the program was installed but you must install Revo before you run the Program-to-be-removed's uninstall; in fact you need to uninstall it through Revo rather than from the Windows add/remove programs or the Program-to-be-removed's uninstall icon/link.

I have also noticed that Revo can't see all installed programs and I suspect that has to do with older install programs not using the same uninstall routines or possibly revo can't do 64-bit apps (not sure, just a hypothesis I haven't looked into).

I do understand where your thinking comes from though; I used to use a Norton uninstaller and it had to be "monitoring" the install so it could assist with uninstalls. Revo doesn't work that way.

Reaction score
TrainableMan~

You said(In part) : " but you must install Revo before you run the Program-to-be-removed's uninstall"

That to me, in a way, says ... you have to have Revo(or any unistaller program) installed BEFORE you install the program you want to later install.

Granted YES certain programs (such as CCleaner) will find and remove and be able to unsintall programs... but if im not mistaken programs like CCleaner look specifically for the uninstall file needed..

Which is probably what Revo does...come to think of it and the way you explained it.

Just my thoughts.
LoneWolf

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
That to me, in a way, says ... you have to have Revo(or any unistaller program) installed BEFORE you install the program you want to later install.
Revo does not have to be on the computer when the program is INstalled but Revo must be installed before you try to UNINstall the program. There is no monitoring by Revo of the programs INstall but it watches the UNINstall and then searches for leftovers.

In otherwords, as long as you haven't UNINstalled the program yet, you can quickly install Revo and it can help with the UNINstall.

Reaction score
As a last resource one can also delete the files and folder and manually check the registry for any entry related to the specific program and clean it.

I have done that before, it takes time but I am in full control :)

Reaction score
Trainableman,

Gotcha thanks for clearing that up ... seriously .. it helped :cool:

~LoneWolf

Ask a Question