32-Bit Pc Won't sleep/hibernate

jen

Reaction score
My pc will not sleep or hibernate shortly after i installed windows 7. I have read all the forums online and tried all the solutions given but the problem will fix for a while and then it goes back to square one. What happens is that whenever i close the lid or the computer is idle for a while and the time has come for it to sleep as set in the power options, the monitor goes off the power light remains on and the screen will not come back up and the fan keeps on running. I then have to hold down the power button to turn it off or i leave it and it will turn off on its own after about 5-10 minutes.Then when it turns back on it says that windows did not shut down properly and im to choose how i want the pc to start..whether in safe-mode or normal startup. The same thing happens whenever i try to hibernate. I do not have any USB devices connected to the pc.

N.B. A friend of mine is having the same problem! && sometimes when i try to turn on the pc the power light comes on for abt 3 seconds and then it goes off again.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!! I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!

Ask a Question