Windows 7 64bit won't sleep

Reaction score
Has anyone a fix to get Win7_64bit to close down Display an then later Hard Drives and then go to "sleep"..This works fine in Vista and XP I have been through the power saving feature but nothing seems to work,,any clues will be welcome:confused:

Solution found..raises more problems ..appears that the conflict is with my Mouse and Keyboard (both USB)... "Microsoft Explorer 2.0 Wireless Mouse" & "Microsoft Wireless Laser Keyboard 6000 v2.0"
Replaced them with a std. keyboard and relocated the Wireless mouse with an adaptor to the PS/2 outlet...everything works Ok..was unable to get the Wireless Keyboard operate from the PS/2 outlet.. The Computer now sleeps OK..:)
However I am still unsure if this is my choice of Keyboard , Motherboard or the Win7 program??

Both items work fine in Vista and XP..has anyone heard of this problem??:)

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for posting back the solution Ron. It could be that your mouse is sending some information back to the PC which prevents it from entering sleep mode. I've seen an optical mouse do this one before, but it was a cheap generic one (not a decent MS one).

Reaction score
Hi! Ian:)..the Mouse and the Keyboard are a problem Mouse now OK in the PS2 slot but the "Microsoft Wireless Laser Keyboard 6000 v2.0" still won't work under any configuration the old Std. keyboard I am using at the moment is not really satisfactory as a permanent tool but I am reluctant to buy anything else and then discover the same problem..has or is anybody using anything else (Wireless) that allows the computer to sleep????:)

Reaction score
Eureka::Have found the solution with keyboard..
Device Manager/Keyboard/Click/HID Keyboard Device/Powermanagment /untick "Allow this device to wake the computer"
And the computer now goes to sleep........I don't appear to have anymore issues with Win7 64bit..everything now works as it should.:):):)

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I have a new (11/30/10) computer and the problem is with the wireless mouse. I am using the MS Wireless Laser Mouse 6000, and when this is plugged in, the computer will not go into sleep mode, nor will it shut down on its own. I tried Ronpack's solution, and that didn't seem to work either. When I unplug it, then the computer sleeps. Why is this happening and what can be done?

Ask a Question