1 User prints, the other doesn't!

Reaction score
I have a desktop running W7 Pro SP1 that is host to 2 printers (a HP LaserJet P2035n and a HP Photosmart 7960). I also have access to these printers over my peer to peer network so that I can share files and print from my laptop (which is running W7 Home SP1).

I recently added a second user to my laptop and desktop but I am not able to print over the network to either of the printers listed above from my laptop's new user account ... even though I am still able to do so through the first user account. I tried to "Add A Printer" to the new user account on the laptop but could not. Anyone know how I might fix this problem?

BTW, my user accounts are both set as "Administrator" and have the same name and password on both the desktop and laptop. My router is a Linksys E3000.

Thanks!

--David

Last edited:
Reaction score
Problem solved by using both the Homegroup and Network Troubleshooters on both laptop and desktop.

If anyone does have the answer, I would still love to know why I could print over the network via one User/Administrator, but could not do so when logged on as the other User/Administrator.

Thanks!

--David

Ask a Question