Windows 7 freezes

Reaction score
hi guys,
i have the same problem.., random freezing.., can be in one minut or 45....
i made the install several times in clean mode windows 7 @32 and @64 version..., but it´s keep freezing...,
my system:
Abit Ab9
Pentium D 945
3 GB corsair xms dual channel mode
gforce 8600 xfx
xfi-audio

i try with uGuru in desable and enable mode.. but its the same.., random freezing..
i try with aeor desable.., and freezing....
i intall vista again and work perfect...

Reaction score
OK, the high performance power setting didn't work for me, it ran fine all yesterday but this morning it froze every time I started my computer.

I've removed my X-FI Xtreme Gamer sound card and removed all associated drivers, it hasn't frozen so far, ill keep you posted.

Reaction score
Windows Freezes

Installed on HP dv9000 (64 bit) 4 gig ram. Office/outlook freezes frequently with office or outlook is not responding. Will clear for 4-6 messages and freeze again. Had similiar problem on 32 bit machine, but it has cleared up for some reason.

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have the same problem.
My configuration is HP dc7900 convertible minitower.
My PC freezes constantly when is not in use..
Need help...:)

Reaction score
I had this problem after putting togheter a pc for a friend, after reading this thread i assumed that the issue was the ASUS motherboard that was mentioned. The symptoms were all the same with freezes etc. I tried everything, from exchanging the motherboard to reinstalling and flashing bios and updating all drivers. So my conclusion was that it had to be a hardware malfunctioning. It turns out it was, not the motherboard as i thought, but the harddrive. The problem began with freezes five times a day and accelerated to not being able to load the OS at all.

So, for all those who can't find a solution for this, try and switch the harddrive your Operating system is booting from.

Reaction score
We have another freeze problem with our newly bought toshiba laptop which has 7 home premium installed. thought it may be because we added mozilla firefox and thunder bird, but uninstalled those and it is still freezing. Sometimes runs for 5 minutes, sometimes an hour, but off it goes. other than that, 7 seems good to use.

Reaction score
Hi, I installed Win 7 two weeks ago and for now I have the same stupid trouble as you guys: random freezing. In the event log I found the same entry as I read in one post from tsyndr. I noticed that the freezing occurs only when I'm online. And, unfortunately it happens more and more frequently, nowadays more times in one hour. The first such event came one week ago, and for some days it happened once a day, but now... I can hardly work when I go on the net. Awful! Please, someone help us! I don't want to downgrade to the slow and fat Vista again....

Reaction score
windows 7/freeze

hi to you. yes, we are still experiencing problems, seem to be increasing, and it is when we are on line. this is a brand new toshiba lap top, so heaps of ram and etc. has anyone found some link between windows 7 and internet explorer ??
we are in sydney, australia , by the waqy

Reaction score
windows 7/freeze problems.. solved???

I think (keep fingers crossed) that we have solved our freezing problems wihen on line with windows 7. It appears to be a compatability problem with AVG virus protection, and we have now deleted AVG and installed Avira and the computer is functioning well. I liked AVG and hope Avira will be as good.
I also understand from my research over this freeze windows 7 problem that some wireless broadband systems are not compatible.
hope this helps

Reaction score
AVG has known compatibility issues with Win7, as does Kaspersky. You should try Microsoft Security Essentials, it's free and made for Windows 7. That being said, I've not tried it myself.

Reaction score
Also my PC doesn't restarting property..
When i click restart,pc is going down but he cant boot,untill i switch power off..

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi kawazuki99

First I'm interested in your name Kawasaki / Suzuki you may of heard of Triton and Tribsa ?

Anyway your PC when did your shutdown problem start ? and can you post the full spec ?

Reaction score
my problems(restarting,freezing) started immediately after installation of win7,i guess the problem is with drivers or PC configuration..
HP DC7900 convertible minitower,E8400,intel chipset
All drivers instaled,removed all software,except office 2007,nero 8,AReader9,UltraVNC...

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
And was this an upgrade or clean install kawazuki99 ?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
So it was a clean install, now did you full format and remove all USBs (eg) Printer, External HDD / HDDs etc, if you have a graphics card did you remove it for the install ?, i know its a lot of questions but I'm trying to get a picture here :)

Reaction score
removed all,quick format,graphic is on motherboard,except i have d-link4-port KVM Switch

Reaction score
about my name, i have suzuki v-strom 1000 and kawasaki made same bike but hes name is KLV1000..so suzuki owners call it kawazuki

Ask a Question