System restore points disappearing

Reaction score
No it has never worked that I have seen, only if I create a restore point but it deletes it on reboot

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Then i would say its not installed right ...why i don't know but a new clean install should work ... please do let us know how it worked out, all the best :)

Reaction score
Will using the upgrade option be ok as It takes days to reinstall all the programs I use for work ?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I understand the time involved but as you said you had problems before i would recommend full format and clean install.

Reaction score
Just did a reinstall with upgrade option and system restore stayed after reboot :)
will check more tomorrow as its 1.30am looks good and ive kept my programs :) will let you know tomorrow

Reaction score
Ok its been working fine all day manual points stick after reboot also systems checkpoints to. But a interesting thing is I used disk clean up and defraged computer, points were all wiped again ? I did choose the clean up systems files choice as I wanted to get rid of old windows settings which i selected (wanted to get rid of XP windows from upgrade) so I dont Know if these include system restore. Remade restore point and rebooted checkpoint was still their, re run disk clean up (choice for clean up old windows settings no longer their) after clean up restore point still fine. I can only conclude that this setting gets rid of restore points to if old versions of windows files are present from upgrades ??? anyway seems fine now :)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I don't think programs running in XP compatibility mode would cause you to lose restore points.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Sorry, Clifford, I replied to another answer in this post. I clicked onto the link in my email, and there was something mentioned about it. Now that I looked back, it was on the first page of this post. The link usually goes to the last answer.

Last edited:

Ask a Question