System restore points disappearing

Reaction score
I have system restore turned on for my System drive C, twice I have made points manually, checked they are their, but when I go back days later they are gone. Their has never been any point at all except the twice I checked after making those 2, not even a systems checkpoint. It is set at 13.97 GB of hard disk for system restore usage why are my points being deleted, and why no systems checkpoints to ?

Attachments

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi MA Winterton

Have you suffered any crashes ? as these can at times wipeout restore points.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Looking at the screen shot you posted can you move the slide to the centre click apply then OK and make a system restore point reboot and see if its still there ?

Reaction score
Set it for 50% 232 GB made restore point manually successfully, but on restart it deleted again. Took forever to start up to ????

Could it have something to do with the setting in config of restore system settings and previous versions of files, should it be st at only restore previous versions of files, I would think you would want system settings

After I make point it only uses 73mb in usage out of all those GBs but reverts to zero on restart with point gone

Last edited by a moderator:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
No this is mine and im keeping restore points

Could you please type eventvwr.exe in search then click the folder and see what errors may show.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Im on a 120GB SSD, i would say your HDD would be bigger

Reaction score
I just read a article on web that if you dual boot using XP it wipes system restore on later versions, I dont dual boot but I have programs runnig in XP compatable mode surly this wouldnt do it ?

system drive 465GB just used for systems and programs all data I put on second hard drive

Last edited by a moderator:

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I would not think so as i have applications running in XP mode, i must say I'm puzzled !, any indications in eventvwr.exe ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Im pretty sure all my drivers are latest as I had to down load any for printers etc when I moved from XP 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit 2 weeks ago and computers only a few months old

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Have you tried turning the System Restore off and then back on again, I doubt that will fix it but it seems the only thing not suggested

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
One more thing to try is turn System Restore off for your Boot Drive reboot then turn it back on and see if a Restore Point will hold.

LOL snap ! :D .

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Just wondering in services.msc is Volume Shadow Copy set to manual ?

Reaction score
Tried setting both drives to restore still deleted on boot. tried using the delete all resore points button on config tab still deleted on boot :(

Ask a Question