My all time favorite games are:

Age of Empires 2
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1 & 2
Half Life 2 (Single Player)
World of Warcaft + The Burning Crusade (wrath of the Lich king failed) :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, I'll have to add COD:MW2 to my list too. It's incredible! :)

The Spec-Ops missions are fun too.

DOA

Reaction score
Being an Elder Geek I have a bit longer span.
The Tower of Myraglen may never be equaled for innovation. Unlike any other game, you had to change your computer to complete it - or do some very strange things to your life. You had to reset your time, and date, etc and if you really wanted to play, change the CPU clock..
Since it was on the Apple][ GS you had complete control of the hardware and could even edit the RAM to change the game. While it was running! I truly miss the old days of being the master of the computer.
Second place is Diablo2
Third is Starcraft
Lately I play a ton of WoW, but it is not my favorite.
Like Windows, it is what I use and tolerable. But not my favorite.

Reaction score
Having been very lucky over the festive period, I must give and honourable mention to Left 4 Dead. The graphics aren't amazing, there is no storyline, the sounds are comic, the characters stock, and the weapons are futile, but my goodness it is good. Nothing compares to an hour of shooting zombies heads off with a shotgun.

Ross

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Half-Life-Anything..
FEAR (of course)
STALKER:CS (amazing sunshafts)
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance (love the scale)

and many,many more..
I've just started playing Fallout 3 as it was an xmas prezzie and it's rapidly becoming a fav'...

Reaction score
I'm surprised only one person has said tf2.
It's by far the best FPS.
And one the best MMOs out there.

But other games are:
Kingdom hearts. (the whole series)
Tales of Vesperia.
Burnout Paradise.
Guitar hero/Rock band.
Sonic adventure 2 battle.

As you might guess.
I'm much more of a console gamer.
'cause I only just got a pc which is even slightly good.
._________."

Reaction score
Mine Favorite games are,
Halo 3,
Need For Speed (Upto Shift)
War Of the World..

Usually i like racing games compare to action games.

Reaction score
For the computer, Diablo II and World of Warcraft are my favorites.

Going into console gaming though (and hooray for emulators!):
Final Fantasy VII and X
Super Mario 64
Pokemon Red*

Those games changed gaming for me when I played them. Absolutely my favorite ones - they took up a lot of my time growing up =P

*I wouldn't pick up a Pokemon game nowadays, but back when it came out and I was 9 or 10 years old, I fell in love with it. I don't think any of my friends managed to escape the Pokemon fever either lol.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I suppose in those days, it was a matter of good graphically orientated games being such a novelty. But I have to be stodgy and vote for the original Commodore 64 Boulderdash.

Reaction score
I agree CA is the best first person shooter I have ever played. Best part is its free. AVA isnt far behind, but still has bugs that need to be fixed.

Reaction score
-Dragon Age: Origins; great storyline and awesome gameplay.
-Halo 3; I have had lots of fun with the multiplayer.
-GTA IV; I love the story, and driving at 110 km p/h and hitting a few people along the way is just mad fun! :eek:

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Final Fantasy VII for the PC.

It's my favorite game of all time, and the PC Version is cool because I can mess around with it using mods and the like. I've beaten the game nearly hundreds of times and it never gets old.

Unfortunately, I have to run it on Windows 98 using VMware because it's incompatible with Vista and I haven't found the patches yet. Although, I must say I don't mind running Windows 98, considering I gave it a load of RAM to work with (256 MB of RAM gets dedicated to 98 when the Virtual Machine runs, which is more than enough for it).
FFVII for the PS1 is hands down my favourite game of all time.

I haven't cared much for the PC version, mostly due to the MIDI soundtrack. However... If there was a way to mod the game to have a slightly increased difficulty level, then it might be worth it. I've always thought that the game doesn't need a remake, but it should be released again with adjustable difficulty settings. It is simply way too easy to beat. I'd like to be challenged a bit more, without having to resort to "no materia" or "items only"-type silliness.

Reaction score
For me personally, I'm going to have to say Unreal Tournament. Pure mindless mayhem and carnage -- very therapeutic! :)

Reaction score
i love games in my free time

i love contra, mario ,dave,and chinese kung fu like ninja turtles ,when i m free i play with my childs and my wife suzymark .she also love games

Reaction score
im an oldskoola too , prefer old good classic games and modern reincarnations like doom 3 or quake 4

Reaction score
It's a tough call between UT2004 and Oblivion. Both have given me countless hours of gaming fun. On a simple metric of longevity alone, I'd have to pick UT2004....I still play it (TDM with bots) when I need a quick gaming fix :)

Reaction score
im an oldskoola too , prefer old good classic games and modern reincarnations like doom 3 or quake 4
I have both of those -- DOOM 3 and Quake 4. I'm still trying to finish them, actually. I play them every once in a while and make small increments of progress at a time.

Pretty darn good graphics when you take into account that they came out five or six years ago. Think of the leap from the DOS version of DOOM to version 3! But hey, even the original version was pretty groundbreaking at the time.

Ask a Question