Your favorite all time game?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've been playing lots of Left4Dead recently after buying it cheaply via a Steam sale. Great fun if you want just a quick game :) I wouldn't have bought it for the full £30/$50 price though.

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Oh yeah, Audiosurf is pretty awesome. Doom 95, Quake 3 Arena, UT (original) are all good games. The MYST series is cool, too. I think I'll never beat Riven without a walkthrough :D :D.

Reaction score
I've been playing Combat Arms a lot...
-I like massive multiplayer online FPS games like CA, Crysis Wars, Joint Operations (Yes, Joint Ops from 2004), COD Modern Warfare 2 & WaW, Unreal Tourney 1999 and 3, and Halo 3.

Also, I play Fallout 3, Audiosurf (sometimes), as well as Portal.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love L4D, such an awesome zombie game, i have it on my xbox 360 though.
But my all time favourite game has to be one of the these two...
1) Lylat wars on Nintendo 64 - classic flying spaceship game - Legend!
2) Super Mario Bros. on Nintendo 64 - this is another all time favourite of mine where your hitting other nintendo characters!
Nintendo 64 is the best console in the world, it is a classic!!!

Ross

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Halo
Half-Life.....Everything
FEAR/FEAR2
Crysis/Warhead
Stalker: CS
In fact any good FPS.....:adore:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Halo
Half-Life.....Everything
FEAR/FEAR2
Crysis/Warhead
Stalker: CS
In fact any good FPS.....:adore:
Have you tried BioShock and Mass Effect? They are really fantastic games (IMO) and worth a go if you're an FPS fan :).

Ross

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I nearly bought Bioshock at the time of release but the install limit put me off. I'm always tweaking something or other which can mean I reformat quite frequently at times so I'd soon use up the 5 install limit. Mind you, i think they released a 'freeing up' key which gives you a little more scope.. As for Mass Effect, it's been on my wish list for a while but i always seem to either buy something else or just forget to get it..

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Favorite game of all time? Probably the original Half Life.

The Collectors Edition of Tie Fighter is also my most favorite game, maybe more than HL. Full 3D starfighter combat in space, so many different ships, fighters, weapons and missions... Great believable story that kept in sync with the movies yet expanded way beyond them, it was a blast. Even the multiplayer was good. Only the collectors edition had all the other Xwing release titles rolled into one game and offered double the resolution with better graphics... Still hoping someone remakes it again.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Hi Kougar,
from what you say about the space game, this may interest you?

http://www.shatteredhorizon.com/
Thanks for the link! I've heard about that one and will keep an eye on it...

I'm more into space sims, Tie Fighter was 100% ship-based combat for example. Some of the recent Star Wars games had some starfighter action but they were still primarily just FPS games, so those don't hold my interest.

Reaction score
Dead Space.
I've only tried it only someone else's XBox 360, but it was just brilliant. Fantasic graphics, the gameplay was intense, immersive and unique. I just loved it, and I'm getting it on the PC, and obviously trying it on Win7!

Reaction score
Hmm... a really hard question. I haven't played all those old games, cause I wasn't allowed to play games when I was younger.
I would say some of of my favorite games, that I have played a lot must be:
Age of Empires 3 (or any AoE game, really)
Sid Meier's Pirates(Really cool and simple Pirate game)
The Microsoft Flight Simulator series (I'm going to be a pilot, it got something to do with interests)

Reaction score
Im gunna go on a giant rant here on my fave different genres and titles out there...

FPS:
L4D was great at first, now its lost a bit of its charm (origonally it was scary as hell) and a bit of a bore tbh.
TF2 is hilarious fun, and one of the most balanced FPS games ever made, seriously. And all the free patch updates and class updates that valve keep doing is great for replayability
COD4 revolutionised the serious fps online, and its not been beaten so far imo (WaW is CRAP) MW2 is highly anticipated...
Unreal Tournament series. Crazy fast and a whole bunch of fun unique weaponry to explode people with. A massive shame that so little people play UT3...
The best however is the old school Quake 2 and its mod, Action Quake 2. Ridiculous physics made it even more fun (jumping around the map at about 30 mph while holding a scoped sniper rifle?)and great ideas such as area specific hitboxes(leg shot cripples you until u bandage, stomach shots will pretty much leave u with no health left and a headshot will....explode you haha), and its gameplay being faster than any other FPS EVER. its a shame the game is pretty much dead now what with being incredibly old.

RTS:
C&C series has always been the hallmark of RTS games, with addictive styles and hilarious storylines/acting. The latest offering RA3 is nothing new per se, but great fun nonetheless. I still prefer 2/yuris revenge tho.
Warcraft series, before WoW and subsequent releases. They were fun, different and really quite addictive (the hilarious vocals for units selected in game) and the storylines/cinematics were really impressive. That said it IS now purely focused on the MMO side...
AoE2. Endless hours spent as a young teen LANing with this great game, cheats or no...
Theme Hospital. One of the best games ever. EVER. I would fully reccomend every person no matter the age gender or proffession to give this game a try. Even as old as it is I think its unique and hilariously fun and addictive. My only gripe is how ive gotten so close to completing it several times and had my save file get corrupted....
Dungeon Keeper. An old favourite of mine ive spent possibly 100+hours as a kid and teen playing this game. Blends innovative design and simple gameplay with suprisingly indepth micromanagement and heavy use of tactics. Not to mention being sadisticly hard(i still have never completed more than 2 or 3 of the expansion pack Deeper Dungeons). Being bad is good....shame DK2 was kinda crap in comparison.

Im gunna stop now cos I feel like playing loads of games and I have work to do....

TL;DR much?

Reaction score
The Civilization series.
Plus Elite on the BBC micro, the Tube version. (Works great with the BeebEm emulator these days, by the way!)

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Very hard to state just one so this is my favorite three :)

1. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (COD)
2. Crysis: Maximum Edition
3. Dragon Age: Origins

Ask a Question