SOLVED XFX ATI HD5450 1GB GDDR3 Driver upgrade

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot] Good morning!

Please give me your opinion about this problem:
My graphics card is a XFX ATI HD5450 1GB GDDR3,(AMD Catalyst 12.8 driver). Saturday, upon start up, it presented me with a driver upgrade (to
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]AMD Catalyst 13.1)[/FONT] window. I accepted the upgrade install having done this many times over the years. The sequence didn't go as planned and ended with the well known "Your System as recovered from a serious error" blue screen. I thought driver upgrades were beneficial. What do you think?

Thank you very much for your help. :confused:

All the best,

Boyard

[/FONT]

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Video drivers are very complex and have to be designed to work for so many different machines so they are constantly being updated. For many computers the Catalyst Control Center can cause problems.

I suggest you Reboot to "safe mode" and run the "Catalyst uninstall Tool". Then try installing the latest driver only, without the Catalyst Control Center.

If that doesn't work then go back to safe mode and rollback the video driver and use the old one until the next revision comes out. It is possible they coded something wrong as it relates to your specific video card and motherboard and if this version doesn't work hopefully the next version will.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you for your sound advice which I will follow to the letter. :)

Ask a Question