WMDC won't reinstall

Reaction score
When I started to upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 (Home Premium), I was instructed to remove Windows Mobile Device Center and then reinstall after the upgrade. When I did try to reinstall it, it looked like it was installing, but the green indicator line suddenly began going backwards, and when it reached the beginning, the window closed. WMDC does not show up in the Programs and Features window, so I can't uninstall it in order to reinstall it. It also does not show up in the Windows Install Cleanup window either.

When I put my Pharos 535 PocketPC into the cradle, the computer starts to install the software, but then gives me a message that it wasn't able to install it. WMDC doesn't come up at all. WMDC also does not show up in the All Programs menu. There is a listing for it in the Control Panel, but when I click on it nothing happens.

I use this device for my professional calendar and contacts, and depend on it daily. Any help that will let me sync again will be appreciated.

Larry

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
It's best to do a clean install from booting the install disc with the DVD drive.

You'll have lots of problems going the upgrade path in Vista.

Reaction score
Doing a clean install would involve MANY hours of reinstalling programs. Almost everything but WMDC seems to be working OK with the upgrade. I would like to find some other way to resolve this. Do you have any other ideas for repairing the problem?

Ask a Question