windows7 64bit

Reaction score
My question is when during installation of Windows 7 prof do I choose between 32bit and 64bit. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
You don't choose during installation. The 32-bit and 64-bit editions are on separate discs. It automatically installs whichever edition is on the disc.

Reaction score
Funny because I read everywhere, like Tom's hardware, that it is on the same disc. The activation code applies to both 32 and 64 bit as long as it is the same version of windows 7.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Maybe it is for some editions, but I haven't come across it.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Funny because I read everywhere, like Tom's hardware, that it is on the same disc. The activation code applies to both 32 and 64 bit as long as it is the same version of windows 7.
IF you could show us a weblink or thread for this, it would be great.

So far as I know, and I have used all the versions of Window 7 since Jan of 09, the 32 bit and the 64 bit came as separate downloads or discs.

Now on some of the P2P websites, there are available some "hacked" installs called: AIO or All In One, where the two versions have been combined.

I'll do some further investigation on this.

Reaction score
There are two disk that come in the Retail Box. Both 32-Bit and 64-Bit disk use the same activation key. If you purchase OEM, there will only be one disk not both.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I don't see anything in either article suggesting that both editions come on a single disc.

Ask a Question