Can Windows7 64bit and 32bit work on the same computer?

Reaction score
I recently bought a new computer that runs windows 7 64 bit.

It has a AMD Athalon II x4 processor.

I am trying to use VPN software on my computer but i need a 32 bit system in order for it to run.

Will windows 7 32 bit run on my 64 bit computer?

Any and all advice is appreciated

Thanks

Reaction score
Yep, it should work just fine, only problem is if you have more then 4GB of memory you wouldn't be able to use the full potential of all the memory.

Reaction score
Yea i have 8gb memorgy but i will only be using the 32 bit for work so memory shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks so much for the help!!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Do you want to run both versions on the same computer?

If you do, you'll have to have TWO different product keys for them to work legally.

Are you saying this VPN program will not install at all on the 64 bit Windows 7 at all?

Nearly all 32 bit software will install and run on Windows 7 x64 version.

Is this OpenVPN software?

Reaction score
I will have two product keys i bought the 32 bit liscense. I was just making sure it would work before i installed it on my computer.

I'm not very familiar with VPN i am doing it for work, but i pretty sure VPN software isn't compatible yet with the 64 bit systems

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I will have two product keys i bought the 32 bit liscense. I was just making sure it would work before i installed it on my computer.

I'm not very familiar with VPN i am doing it for work, but i pretty sure VPN software isn't compatible yet with the 64 bit systems
So are you saying that you haven't tried installing VPN on the x64 based system?

Why don't you try it and see? It certainly wouldn't hurt, that's for sure.

Keep us posted!

Reaction score
Well no i haven't tried it but here's the thing...

I am a contractor for a company. And that company only allows one VPN install for a contactor. So i don't want to use it up on the 64 bit if it doesn't work.

I know someone that is an employee for that company and he tried installing it on 64 bit and it wouldn't work, but then he tried it on a 32 bit and it worked fine. But it was two different desktops.

So i only have like one chance i guess you could say, so hopefully i get it right the first time! =]

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
How will you install? You have the program executable right?

Or is this a download type of install? Did you check with the VPN software supplier to see if it's x64 compatible?

Reaction score
it's more of a download type of install, it's off of a website.

And the software is provided by the company that i work contract for.

Reaction score
Yea i have 8gb memorgy but i will only be using the 32 bit for work so memory shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks so much for the help!!
Helo I,m new here, I have windows 7 64bit, need a 32 bit how do I install a 32 bit, Hazel

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Helo I,m new here, I have windows 7 64bit, need a 32 bit how do I install a 32 bit, Hazel
Why do you need the 32 bit version? Nearly all 32 bit programs will run on the 64 bit Windows 7.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
it's more of a download type of install, it's off of a website.

And the software is provided by the company that i work contract for.
So do you download the program and then click on it to install? That would be an executable. You should be able to save it on your computer.

Reaction score
I can't help with that I'm having a computer "genius" install it for me i just wanted to make sure it would work =]

Ask a Question