windows seven power options -halp!

Reaction score
hi,
Does anyone know how to change the power options in the task bar so it shows all the power options not just balanced and high performance??
thanks in advance :)

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I know this is probably a stupid question... did you click on the "More Power Options" in blue text below?

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I don't think there is a way at the moment. But, with laptops, if you press the Windows button and X, , you will have a window with some options, including the one you want.
If you fancy this method, you can right click the mobility center in the Control panel, and create a shortcut on the desktop.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know this is probably a stupid question... did you click on the "More Power Options" in blue text below?
what i want is all the power options to show up when i click on the battery icon like what vista had. because at the moment i have to keep clicking on the "more power options" to get to powersaver ect.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Well it looks like you'll just have to get used to it, Windows 7 is a different OS and Microsoft probably changed things a little compared to Vista.

Perhaps there is a registry tweak or something like that, maybe a third-party program.

Check out this website TweakHound, this page has the Notebook Power Options further down on the page.

http://www.tweakhound.com/windows7/tweaking/10.html

Ask a Question