windows seven and HD sata MB striker extreme asus

Reaction score
Hi

I want to know if windows seven has the same problem of windows Xp for instyallation on Hd sata. Do I have to use Nlite and downloads driver sata by asus for asus striker extreme Mainboard? For windows seven I did not find driver sata for my MB?

Can You Help Me?

Is there a tutorial for this istallation? some documentation?

Thanks

PP

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
SATA HDs are probably the most common connection these days and unless your HD is extremely obscure W7 will have the drivers for it. The rest of the drivers for PCI bridges and on-board sound etc will likely have to be downloaded but if you provide an internet connection while installing W7 it will go out and get most of what you need automatically. To be safest, prior to upgrade, you may want to go to the website of the company that made your computer or the drivers page for ASUS and download the W7 drivers to a flashdrive or CD so you have them incase W7 cannot find network drivers etc and therefore cannot connect to the internet to download.

When installing W7 I have found it best to only have the one HD attached on which you want to install the OS. Unlike XP, W7 has a boot manager and can find HDs even if they are disabled in BIOS.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
ppippus - Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums Website! :ciao:

To install Windows 7, you don't need a secondary program such as NLite.

Are you installing on a RAID or AHCI-enabled hard drive? If so just load the drivers during the install process when you get to the screen which shows the hard drives.

As TM stated, just make sure you have the latest Windows 7 drivers from the Asus website for your model of motherboard.

Ask a Question