windows live mail underlines contact's address

Reaction score
I am having a problem with windows live mail. When I click on "Reply" at the bottom of a message, I get the contact's name or business name in the "To" text box, not their email address.

Thinking I had found the solution by right clicking on the contacts address and then selecting "send email" from the pop up menu, I was wrong. The email address goes to the "To" text box, but it is underlined and at the end is a semicolon (which I have learned since, is for adding multiple addresses) and it fails to get sent. I only know it isn't sent because it isn't in the "Sent Items" folder, there is no message or anything saying that it failed.

This is just the second time I've done this, the first time, after I restarted the computer there was the windows live message box, that I get more than I would like, saying something to the effect of "unable to send or receive messages for Live (username) account" and the error ID #. The email I had tried to send was listed in this dialogue box.

How can I correct this problem?

Reaction score
windows live mail

Hello Sherwood,

I had some quirky things when I first used WLM 2011. I later installed WLM 2012. First make sure you and your ISP are on the same page. Check all WLM settings. Make sure your firewall settings allow WLM to go thru. WLM should allow you to automatically put all your email addresses into the contact list. If you share WLM with another family member you may have to sign in using Microsoft community. WLM does not allow two separate contact lists if you are not signed in. I hope this helps. Vin

Ask a Question