Windows Live Mail Problem

Reaction score
Cannot forward mail with pictures in the body of an email using Windows Live Mail with Windows 7 Professional. Get the message "one or all pictures could not be found". If I send the email, the recieptient, gets the email with text only and a frame with a little red exe in the upper left corner, where the picture should be.
Please Help, Thank You,
Georege Jurak
(e-mail address removed)

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Send them as attachments instead of inline, if possible.

Using your email address as your username is a really bad idea, by the way; you can get your address harvested by spambots.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Have you tried sending by using the menu item (Second from the left in the menu bar) Photo email?

Last edited:

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Sorry for the Typo. But, disregarding, see here:

Photo.png

Reaction score
Sorry for the Typo. But, disregarding, see here:

View attachment 4317
No, you don't understand. If someone sends me an email with Pictures in the body of the email. If I hit the 'Forward" tab, to send it to someone else, then that box pops up telling me that it could not locate some or all of the pictures and asks if I want to send the email anyway. If I say YES, then the recipient will get the email with with frames within the email, where the pictures should be, with a little red exe in the upper left of each frame. Thank You for trying to help me. I hope I explained this more clearly for you. I am not the best Technical Writer. Please Help if you can.
George Jurak

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
OK. Try this:
Open "Options" - Mail - "Compose" tab, and ensure you have ticked "Convert messages to Photo Email when adding Photos"

P.S. Nothing wrong with your Technical writing, by the way. A very clear explanation!

Reaction score
OK. Try this:
Open "Options" - Mail - "Compose" tab, and ensure you have ticked "Convert messages to Photo Email when adding Photos"

P.S. Nothing wrong with your Technical writing, by the way. A very clear explanation!
Yes, that box has a Check Mark in it.
Thanks for responding and for the kind comment. Is there anything else you can help me with regarding this issue??
Best Regards,
George Jurak
(e-mail address removed)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't use WLM so forgive me if this is a stupid question but, when you open the mail yourself, do you see the pictures automatically or do you have to click on them to make them download?

If you have to click on them to make them download then my hunch would be that you need to change a setting somewhere to make WLM automatically download attachments, rather than only when you select them, so that they are there when you forward the message.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
It is obvious that the pictures are not actually on your computer++ Are they from a particular source, such as AOL? This has been an on-going problem, without solution, for a long time. The only offer is that you actually click the pictures to open them and download them to a known place on your computer, and then send another email to the required recipient, with the pictures reattached.

Just for curiosity, what happens if you forward the email to yourself?

Reaction score
It is obvious that the pictures are not actually on your computer++ Are they from a particular source, such as AOL? This has been an on-going problem, without solution, for a long time. The only offer is that you actually click the pictures to open them and download them to a known place on your computer, and then send another email to the required recipient, with the pictures reattached.

Just for curiosity, what happens if you forward the email to yourself?
If I forward the email to myself, then I get then I will get the email with with frames within the email, where the pictures should be, with a little red exe in the upper left of each frame. If I click on the little red exe, nothing happens.

Yes, I can right click on the pictures and save them to my computer from the initial email ; however, then I have to add all the pictures to the outgoing email and then copy and paste the text so it lines up with each pictures...Way to much trouble. All I want to do is forward an email with pictures in the body like I used to do with Outlook Express. I just don't understand why Windows Live Mail is doing this.
If you can think of anything else, please let me know.
Thank You,
George Jurak
(e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
I don't use WLM so forgive me if this is a stupid question but, when you open the mail yourself, do you see the pictures automatically or do you have to click on them to make them download?

If you have to click on them to make them download then my hunch would be that you need to change a setting somewhere to make WLM automatically download attachments, rather than only when you select them, so that they are there when you forward the message.
When I recieve the email, I see the pictures within the body of the email with all the text. The problem is If I hit the 'Forward" tab, to send it to someone else, then that box pops up telling me that it could not locate some or all of the pictures and asks if I want to send the email anyway. If I say YES, then the recipient will get the email with with frames within the email, where the pictures should be, with a little red exe in the upper left of each frame.
Thank you for trying to help, I appreciate it.
George Jurak
(e-mail address removed)

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I am sorry. I have dealt with this problem several times, and have not worked out a good answer. It has been on-going for more than a year, but MS do not appear to have a fix for it. I have previously discussed it on the Technet forums, also without an answer.

But, this is a poor compromise, you can do this. Under the forward item, in the tool bar, is a small arrow. If you click it, it offers "forward as an attachment. This should work, and the recipient can open it with their own mail program.

Reaction score
I am sorry. I have dealt with this problem several times, and have not worked out a good answer. It has been on-going for more than a year, but MS do not appear to have a fix for it. I have previously discussed it on the Technet forums, also without an answer.

But, this is a poor compromise, you can do this. Under the forward item, in the tool bar, is a small arrow. If you click it, it offers "forward as an attachment. This should work, and the recipient can open it with their own mail program.
Oh, I see what you mean. I guess I will have to add the email as an attachment until MS fixes the problem, if ever. I think they do this to get you to purchase the Photo Program for WLM.
Regardless, I want to Thank You for all your help and for responding to my problem. Your help was very much appreciated.
Best Regards,
George Jurak
(e-mail address removed)

Ask a Question