Windows Live Mail 2011 Not Syncing

Reaction score
I have Windows Live Mail 2011 installed on my computer and have a hotmail account and an @live account both added to it, but almost every time I open the application, I get an error message that says this:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail account.
Server Error: 0x80048820
Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048820

Unable to send or receive messages for the Live account.
Server Error: 0x80048820
Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048820

I usually leave the program open all the time on my computer and it's supposed to sync every 15 minutes, but very rarely does it actually go through. I have tried restarting my computer, I've played with my firewall settings and my anti-virus (Webroot) settings, and I still receive this error message.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
We've had several issues posted about WLM problems and I have never seen a solution so ...
1. I'm glad I don't use it and
2. You may want to post in another forum as well.

There is always a chance someone will come along with the answer but more exposure might increase your chances.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Make sure you have the latest release of Live mail. If so,Try this:
Delete all your Email accounts and reboot your computer and then add the accounts back again. I think this will resolve the problem.

Fwiw. It does seem that a few are having problems. I have used Live mail since the early Betas, using several accounts. I have not had a single glitch.

Reaction score
Thanks guys for responding. I did delete both accounts and my Hotmail one hasn't had a problem since, but the Live account still only works sometimes.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Can you confirm that you have the latest (Windows Live Mail 2011)
Also, are you using the standalone desktop mail program, or accessing through your browser?

Reaction score
I had a the same problem with Live mail. I removed it and went through the full thing again of setting up my mail accounts. It's worked for me since but seems it's not the fix for everyone.
I use the standalone program.

Reaction score
I believe I have the latest version. This is what my "about" says: Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3508.1109). I am using the standalone desktop mail program.

Reaction score
I have version 2009. But then I'm on XP. Build 14.0.8117.0416

Ask a Question