Windows Backup error


E

Emrys Davies

I have Win7 Home Premium 64 bit

I did a Windows Backup to a DVD-R and got the message: The backup was
completed, but some files were skipped. Backup encountered a problem while
backing up a file: C:|users\EmrysDavies\Documents\OneNote Notebooks. Error:
(The system cannot find the file specified (0x80070002)

In 'Documents' I have: OneNote Notebooks (Empty) and underneath that entry
is 'This folder is unavailable'.

I have done a 'Restore to an earlier time' ( 15th Feb.maximum) but without
success. Any ideas?
 
Ad

Advertisements

L

LouB

Emrys said:
I have Win7 Home Premium 64 bit

I did a Windows Backup to a DVD-R and got the message: The backup was
completed, but some files were skipped. Backup encountered a problem while
backing up a file: C:|users\EmrysDavies\Documents\OneNote Notebooks.
Error:
(The system cannot find the file specified (0x80070002)

In 'Documents' I have: OneNote Notebooks (Empty) and underneath that entry
is 'This folder is unavailable'.

I have done a 'Restore to an earlier time' ( 15th Feb.maximum) but
without success. Any ideas?
Try Glary utilities or similar that will check and fix registry issues
 
E

Emrys Davies

LouB said:
Try Glary utilities or similar that will check and fix registry issues
I do not like interfering with the registry. I have CCleaner, but I do not
allow it to clean the registry. My file/folder is missing. Could I have
deleted it accidentally or is it not possible to delete OneNote Notebooks?
 
L

LouB

Emrys said:
I do not like interfering with the registry. I have CCleaner, but I do
not allow it to clean the registry. My file/folder is missing. Could I
have deleted it accidentally or is it not possible to delete OneNote
Notebooks?
Suggestions offered and you blow them off.
Go look in the mirror for the source of your problems.
 
E

Emrys Davies

LouB said:
Suggestions offered and you blow them off.
Go look in the mirror for the source of your problems.
I downloaded the relevant file and I think that all is well now as 'The
folder is unavailable' message has now gone. I will know for sure when I do
my next backup. Thanks for trying to help. I like your sense of humour.
You could get paid for that if you brush it up a little.
 
E

Emrys Davies

Emrys Davies said:
I downloaded the relevant file and I think that all is well now as 'The
folder is unavailable' message has now gone. I will know for sure when I
do my next backup. Thanks for trying to help. I like your sense of
humour. You could get paid for that if you brush it up a little.
Just done a backup and all is clear.
 
Ad

Advertisements

L

LSMFT

Emrys said:
I have Win7 Home Premium 64 bit

I did a Windows Backup to a DVD-R and got the message: The backup was
completed, but some files were skipped. Backup encountered a problem while
backing up a file: C:|users\EmrysDavies\Documents\OneNote Notebooks. Error:
(The system cannot find the file specified (0x80070002)

In 'Documents' I have: OneNote Notebooks (Empty) and underneath that entry
is 'This folder is unavailable'.

I have done a 'Restore to an earlier time' ( 15th Feb.maximum) but
without success. Any ideas?
If it can't find the file how does it know it's missing?
 
Ad

Advertisements

E

Emrys Davies

LSMFT said:
If it can't find the file how does it know it's missing?
Because, as a result of what it told me, I found that it was missing and
consequently I replaced it with a download and all is well.
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top