Windows 8 under development

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It looks like Microsoft are accepting job applicants for development of Windows 8 already. Although the core of Windows 8 has probably been underway for some time, it's always interesting to see any hints of public mention:

"For the upcoming version of Windows, new critical features are being worked on including cluster support and support for one way replication. The core engine is also being reworked to provide dramatic performance improvements. We will also soon be starting major improvements for Windows 8 where we will be including innovative features which will revolutionize file access in branch offices."

If you've got what it takes to be the "Lead software development engineering in Test," apply right here. Or you can sit back and wait to see how Windows 8 will develop.
You can read a little more at Toms Hardware here.

Reaction score
Is there a release date pencilled in for Windows 8, or is this a long time in the future?

I do congratulate them on an original name though, they must have saved some money in a recession coming up with a name like that. ;)

Last edited:

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
I do congratulate them on an original name though, they must have saved some money in a recession coming up with a name like that. ;)
Oh, yeah. Definitely! I definitely couldn't have come up with such a clever name as, "Windows 7"!! Let alone call the next Operating System, "Windows 8"! Dang!

Lol.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is there a release date pencilled in for Windows 8, or is this a long time in the future?
Quite some time away I expect ;) Don't forget, Windows 7 is still months away from being released :)

Reaction score
I'm predicting Windows 8's release for November 2013.

Reaction score
So what would you like to see in Windows 8 ? ... Id like to see the task/super bar gone, maybe a dock of some kind thats hidden when not needed .

Reaction score
hm same as kaspersky labs

they invented to a new version while they were testing another one , means , we got kis 2009 beta testing while the current was kis 8 in development stage

Reaction score
I would like a whole new theme, they cant really keep the same theme for 3 OS's thats just rediculous.

Reaction score
So what would you like to see in Windows 8 ? ... Id like to see the task/super bar gone, maybe a dock of some kind thats hidden when not needed .
I agree about the docking idea - That would be cool ;)
Correct me if Im wrong but are you saying you cant hide the superbar
Auto hiding taskbar is old news

Reaction score
I think it would be nice to have an option to choose our own aero image.
Transparency or Stain Glass is just not enough for customization alittle texture would change things.
Maybe something like a selection of stationary instead of the stain glass effect.

Ask a Question