Windows 8 Forums Launch

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It looks like we'll be hearing much more on Windows 8 in the coming days, so please stay tuned to our sister site Windows 8 Forums (http://www.win8forums.com/) to keep up to date on the latest news.

Becky is posting daily Windows 8 news, but feel free to post your own if you spot something interesting.

The Windows 8 Forum software is slightly different to that used on Windows 7 forums and comes with some clever new features. We'll be adding some of the things that you are used to (i.e. system specs) in the coming weeks. Please do let us know your feedback on the other site so that we can continue to improve it.

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Nice, i'll take a look at the new site :)

Edit: Are we meant to login with our original user and pass from this forum or do we have to register again? Do you have a linked database for the users there from this forum? I was reading some of the above contents and thats what I originally assumed, was that you could login using your username from this forum.

Edit2: Nevermind I just registered manually

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Good to see you over there Ace :). As Clifford mentioned, it's a new database so requires people to re-register over there, should only take a second :D.

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Well it only took me a second as you say so i'm not worried about it :) Maybe i'll have more knowledge to contribute that about the actual operating system if I ever get Windodws 8

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I may try testing it on a separate partition for a while or my virtual box.

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
I may try testing it on a separate partition for a while or my virtual box.
Unless 2 or 3 of us are doing it totally wrong. It doesn't seem to like VBox, VMWare Player or VMWare Workstation. Installs have gone fine from USB and DVD and once installed from within '8' you get to set up your dual boot set up.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I confess I have never used them. Whenever I get new gear from MS, I install direct and, when possible, in a dual boot.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Unless 2 or 3 of us are doing it totally wrong. It doesn't seem to like VBox, VMWare Player or VMWare Workstation. Installs have gone fine from USB and DVD and once installed from within '8' you get to set up your dual boot set up.
Nah, I've experienced it too with VMware... there's a VGA driver issue that doesn't like VM's.

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
It appears we were, one way or another! 64bit now set up in VB (as well as own partition!). Sometimes you feel such a fool!!

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I installed it last night in VB. No issues, smooth install. (a first for me):)

Reaction score
I hope in this version many changes that help user.can define here any changes that not seen in previous version. i tied to use 2007 want to use latest version if you have idea about 2008 version share here.

Reaction score
I thought you linked the existing usernames but sadly they were not not even connect with Facebook? ok lets make a new ID their... Windows 8 here we come and win8forum here we come .... but never will leave this place...

Ask a Question