Windows 7 Forum Topic?

Reaction score
Isn't there a topic which discusses the operations of this forum? My reason for asking is that I've gratefully thanked everyone who's assisted me with my posts yet under my Avatar it displays that I've thanked 0 (zero). That can lead to folks not wanting to be helpful - rightfully. Is this a known issue, where/what to do?

Thanks;
pi.Boss

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
That indicates the number of people who have thanked you. Like me!!

Edit!! BTW Is it as nice where you live as it sounds??

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ian

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I don't think we are as unfriendly as that! - lol. We will still help you, even if you do not thank us.

Reaction score
Hi there! Regarding your question "is it as nice..."; better, it's wonderful, Here's a picture of the Starbuck's coffee shop I'm sitting at while typing. If you aren't able to see the picture goto http://maps.google.com and enter this address:

155 Palencia Village Drive, St. Augustine, FL 32095

then select Street View and you can virtually drive around the area X!

Enjoy your day - Cheerio ;-)
pi.Boss

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hummm, not sure about the Street View thing; it is very beautiful in the area - Street View isn't doing that one justice. But, anyway, I didn't put you on Anastasia Island anyway, that was just where I was having coffee. Here you're literally on Anastasia Island, right off the beach - going to Panama Hattie's tonight. Y'all have a great night/weekend!

Anastasia Island
Panama Hattie's, A1A Beach Boulevard, St. Augustine, FL 32080

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The Forum FAQ may be of interest to you.

I see no mention in there of the "Thanks" but as already explained, that is how many times you have been thanked, not how many times you have thanked others. I do not know of a way to actually see a count of how many times you have thanked others.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The Forum FAQ may be of interest to you.

I see no mention in there of the "Thanks" but as already explained, that is how many times you have been thanked, not how many times you have thanked others. I do not know of a way to actually see a count of how many times you have thanked others.
I've done some digging and found that you can see the count for thanks given and received. If you view the user profile and click the statistics tab it should show something similar:

Total Thanks: 202
The first number is the "thanks" given out, the 2nd number is how many you're received :).

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I do not know of a way to actually see a count of how many times you have thanked others.
Well now I do, thanks Ian. I see that you can even click to see a list of the posts you've thanked and the ones where you have been thanked...

Total Thanks
  • Total Thanks: 202
  • Find all thanked posts by TrainableMan
  • Find all posts thanked by TrainableMan

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I don't pay attention to that. If I help someone, the best way to thank me is to come back to the thread and post a follow-up telling readers the problem is resolved and this or that was the solution. That's the warm fuzzy I like. Tossing in a "thank you" into the post is icing on the cake.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Here ya go Digs! A warm and fuzzy for ya:

:rolleyes:

Ask a Question