Windows 7 * Word 2002 problem

Reaction score
I've just started using Word 2002 in Windows 7 and I'm getting weird keyboard problems like when I use the "/" key I get an accented "e" instead. This happens with the comma, quote and bracket keys as well. Any suggestions?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you type while in notepad or like here in a browser window do your keys work properly? Is it only in Word 2002 that keystrokes are unusual?

Do you have more than one language pack installed on your computer, like English and maybe French or Spanish?

Reaction score
Language Packs

I'm not sure if I have more than one language pack. I probably do, given that the problem is getting characters with accents instead of what I type. If Language Packs are the problem how do I get rid of them?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Control panel > Region and Language. Make sure Format is set to English. Then click the Keyboards and Languages Tab and click Change Keyboard. Under General make sure the proper keyboard is selected. Then if you go to Advanced Key Settings Tab and hit the Change Key Sequences button you should see what key combination switches the keyboard layout. I would go back into Word and I would hit that key combination and see if it switches your keyboard back to normal.

Ask a Question