Windows 7 upgrade to "Professional"

Reaction score
First time I've entered into a forum for information. I apologize if this is the wrong procedure.

Upgraded desktop to 64-bit and discovered that my Canon LiDe80 and Canon PIXMA iP4000 drivers are incompatible. So after some research and not sure how accurate, I read that the professional version would allow more of the 32-bit drivers to work.

Is that correct?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I read that the professional version would allow more of the 32-bit drivers to work. Is that correct?
No, 32 bit drivers will not work on an x64 OS. You must use x64 drivers.

There are no x64 drivers for the Canon LiDE 80 scanner in either Windows 7 or Vista or XP. Only x86 (32 bit) drivers. This seem to be fairly new scanner model, so you might try calling Canon Tech Support to see if and when they'll have 64 bit drivers for the scanner.

Good News... there are x64 Windows 7 drivers for your Canon PIXMA iP4000. You can download them HERE.

Reaction score
Thanks for the input..........not exactly what I wanted to hear.......but it is what it is; so thanks again.

I tried the Canon LiDE 80 scanner link. Appeared to extract after download, but I have no idea 'where it is' or how to get the printer recognized if it did work. I tried "Add printer" but LiDE80 wasn't an option.

Not sure what to do now. Other than contacting Canon as you suggested.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I tried the Canon LiDE 80 scanner link. Appeared to extract after download, but I have no idea 'where it is' or how to get the printer recognized if it did work. I tried "Add printer" but LiDE80 wasn't an option.
Windows 7 defaults to the "Downloads" folder in the User Account section.

Reaction score
I've dealt with several versions of Windows, and this latest version still has only one Download folder, which is where I choose to 'save' all downloads, then run. I did that with this file. It "acts" like it installs but no printer appears in printer list or is recognized in System file.

Still hoping for some help.

Ask a Question