Windows 7 not coming out of sleep

Reaction score
Since this will have been question / answered before, maybe someone can just give me the link to the *answer* - providing it posted previously.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pak on a Toshiba L675 serious. I've just put in a new battery and noticed when I allow it to go totally dead (which I understand I should for three times) and when I plug it back into A/C - the computer has not gone to sleep as it used to do in a case like this, but does a clean reboot.

I've gone into Advanced settings and nothing has changed as far as the Sleep is concerned and nothing has changed in each of the Battery settings.

Maybe someone can point out to me what I should do, so perchance the Battery does go totally dead, the computer will simply come back on to where it was to begin with instead of doing a total reboot.

Reaction score
well usually the computer gives u a warning at 7% bettery life, soon after that goes into a force sleep. if it doesnt do that then it is probably a settings problem, i do not kow how to change that. if it does, then make sure that your battery is not loose when it sleeps because i have had it happen myself when the battery is loose when it force sleeps at low battery life.

Reaction score
yo ho dragoncake - the battery does gie me a warning indeed. But being a new battery, I'm going to let it completely die several times.
Anyway, I've let the computer or the computer has died totally while on battery (not in the room to see the warning signal) and when I plug it back in to A/C, the computer will resume to where it previously was.
But since putting in the new Battery - it does not.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Like Dragon said, the default is to hibernate at 7%; perhaps your battery drops very quickly from reading 7% to being dead. Maybe try 10%; see advanced battery power settings HERE.

Reaction score
Ok - I'm going to set the time to hibernate to 10 both on Battery & Plugin. I'll see what takes place. Appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

Ask a Question