SOLVED Windows 7 not Activating

Reaction score
Hi Guy's, I installed Windows 7 from the Image and had problems with driver installation. Somehow I was able to get the system to build itself...it was an amazing process to watch. I am back up and running with backups in place. The system didn't ask me to input a product key and the windows activation gives options to reenter a correct key. When I do I get a code that 0xC004E003 certificate error. Microsoft only gives me the option to buy a key, reenter a key and ask Microsoft. Does this mean I have to re-install Windows and include drivers when I do?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Reinstalling with drivers shouldn't make a difference. If you have a legal product key and you were simply restoring from an image then the product key should have already been in your image. If you are doing the change product key option and it says it is invalid then #1 verify you are typing it correctly and if it is correct then #2 call Microsoft to see if you can get it resolved. You may have to explain to them that your hard drive crashed or whatever and you restored from your back-up.

Reaction score
I actually solved my activation issue through my digital life forum. This is an amazing site. Thanks to all.

Ask a Question