Activating Windows 7 Build 7600

Status
Not open for further replies.

clifford_cooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
I downloaded Windows 7 7600 a month ago. I checked the MD5 Checksum. It appears to be a legit leak that wasn't tampered with. After upgrading (Motherboard, CPU, and Memory) I decided to install the 7600 build to find I am having trouble activating it.

I have read that non of the Beta and RC keys will work. I did a small search online for a key and came up empty handed. I finally decided to fall back on 7229.

I have seen people talk about running 7600. I am curious if anyone else has had trouble activated the 7600 build?

Ad

Advertisements

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
VIP Member
Reaction score
Build 7600 is the finalized build, you know that. You can't activate it without a legitimately purchased serial that matches the exact type of installation it's tied to. ;)

clifford_cooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
So you guy's with 7600 installed are you watching the 30 day activation counter?

Retail is still over 30 days away.

I do also reallize there is a three time couter reset. (slmgr.vbs –rearm).

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not using the RTM, I'm staying legit and using the RC version until my copies of Windows 7 arrive next month.

If it wasn't so much trouble to reinstall everything (and I had a legitimate source for the RTM install media), then I'd use the -rearm command. It's good for 120 days of use if you do it correctly. But I don't see the point since I will be doing a clean Windows 7 installation next month anyway.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
used slmgr –rearm once , got another 30 days of trial

did u know that even without any activation its still possible to use the os , i been using it for 2 weeks having " u must activate windows today "

the only thing is litimation with windows update and a pop up sayin that ya might be a victim

so u dont have to activate it at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question