Windows 7 Live Mail does not auto-correct

Reaction score
I cant get windows 7 live mail to auto-correct, can anybody help.

Reaction score
Hi toe46 - Welcome to w7forums

If you could give more details in your question, that would be of help.

What exactly are you needing auto-corrected?

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Maybe you mean this:
It is now called "Sync" on the top bar. It has been uneccessarily renamed to accomodate the new multi mail features

Otherwise, perhaps you mean this?

View attachment 770

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have the same problem. The "auto-correct" (option of the spellling-checker) in Windows Live Mail on 64-bit Windows 7 does not work. Please help.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Have you installed your home language at the bottom of the window, and made it the default.

View attachment 851

Last edited:
Reaction score
davehc thanks for your reply!

I have everything selected as you showed, also the language is installed. In fact, the spelling works fine, it is just the auto-correct that seems not to work - i see this, because the capitalization of the first letter in the sentence does not work, or similar "i" is not automatically changed into "I", or "teh" into "the" and so on...

I do not really know what else to do...

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
No. I have not noticed before. I certainly get an underline for mistakes such as you "teh" and so on. If I then right click it gives me the alternatives. "i" would be a grammar correction, which is , unfortunately not one of the functions of the Email program (It certainly should be).
I am the world's worst typer, and what I do, and the reason I have not picked up on this, is type my messages in Word and then copy and paste. At the moment, it seems that is the only choice, or find an Email program that will do what you require.
I am querying the problem on Microsoft,s Technet pages - it might start the ball rolling.

Ask a Question